Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Nationís largest philanthropy devoted to improving health and healthcare. Information on applying for grants, reports on grant results and national programs, access RWJF publications.
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Directory of Charitable Grantmakers
- Browse the foundation directory, pick a listed foundation, search any foundation's information page or search any foundation's home page. Foundation home pages may contain downloadable information such as grant applications, periodical and financial reports, and e-mail capabilities.
- Organization that raises money for charities through charitable giving campaigns in the workplace through payroll deduction.
Andrew W. Mellon Foundation
- Makes grants to institutions in higher education, in cultural affairs and the performing arts, in population, in conservation and the environment, and in public affairs.
Andrus Family Fund
- Provides funding for social change under programs for foster care and for community reconciliation.
Atlas Economic Research Foundation
- Helps to create, develop, advise, and support independent public policy research institutes internationally.
- Works with other groups such as National Urban League, AOL, National Endowment for the Arts to help provide solutions for bridging the digital divide. Links to various foundations including Ford, Kellogg. Offers free on-line versions of reports dealing with technology and access.
Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Grant-making foundation supports initiatives in education, world health and population, and community giving in the Pacific Northwest.
Brett Family Foundation
- A grant making nonprofit organization that supports progressive charities and public policy initiations which help disadvantaged youth, improve public education, and create caring communities, particularly in Boulder, Denver, and the state of Colorado.
- Provides anonymous financial assistance to fellow radio and television broadcasters who are in acute need.
- Committed to the protection and restoration of the environment of the Pacific Northwest.
Carnegie Corporation of New York
- created by Andrew Carnegie in 1911 to promote the advancement and diffusion of knowledge and understanding.
Charitable Gift Fund
- Helping people find better and smarter ways to give to philanthropy, for example through pooled giving.
Charles Stewart Mott Foundation
- Civil Society, Environment, Flint and Poverty. Site includes issue/theme-based publications, searchable database of recent Mott-funded initiatives, links to a host of grantee websites and grant application procedures.
Common Counsel Foundation
- Consortium of family foundations and individual donors committed to funding economic, environmental and social justice initiatives.
Community Foundation for the National Capitol Region
- Serves metro Washington, DC. Facilitates individual and organizational giving via charitable grantmaking funds, distributes grants to nonprofit organizations, and convenes meetings on current local issues.
- Promoting empowerment of people, protection of the environment, and respect for cultural diversity.
Council on Foundations
- A nonprofit membership association of grantmaking foundations and corporations. Our mission is to promote responsible and effective philanthropy by assisting existing and future grantmakers.
Diana, Princess of Wales Memorial Fund (U.S.)
- The fund supports charitable activities that directly benefit people in need, identifies and gives priority to issues and groups that are under-served by other domestic and international donors, and responds quickly to new challenges and opportunities within the funds priority areas.
Doris Duke Charitable Foundation
- Mission is to improve the quality of people's lives by preserving natural environments, seeking cures for diseases, and nurturing the arts.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor