Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
"And So ..." - Royal Navy stoker from Crete to German POW
- Memoirs with many photos and maps of a Royal Navy stoker captured at Crete who spent four years as a German POW
2/20th Battalion 8th Division AIF,Singapore and Beyond
- Information about the 2/20th Battalion 8th Division AIF, during WW2, the fall of Singapore led to these men becoming POWs, some going to Burma and Thailand to work on the railway, and going to camps like Changi or in Japan.
A Katyn and World War Two Diary
- The diary of a Polish officer who survived the execution of 26,000 Allied POW's by Stalin's NKVD.
A Raid on Munich
- Bombing raid on Munich Germany during WW2, POW, death march, capture.
An American Hero: Benjamin Franklin Edwards WWII
- 20th AirForce, 500th Bomb Group, 881st Squadron on Saipan, Marianas Islands, this is the story of Benjamin Franklin Edwards, MIA from WWII, Navigator on the Rosalia Rocket and the crew, some of whom remain missing to this day.
- In this site there is a little about the author and his experiences. There are also links to other POW sites.
Bataan-Corregidor Memorial Foundation of New Mexico, Inc.
- Memorial for New Mexico soldiers of the 200th and the 515th on Bataan and Corregidor. Lists names, county of residents, and other information.
Colditz Castle Oflag IVC
- A tour of Colditz Castle. Escapes from Colditz Castle. By Paul Dean.
Culture region Colditz : Gateway to Saxony : Oflag IVC
- Virtual tour of Colditz including Castle, used as POW camp for Allied officers in WWII : Art Exhibition, Everyday Life in Oflag IVC
Fleet Air Arm POWS
- POW lists and camps in this comprehensive portway to British and Commonwealth naval aviation history with 1000 pages about squadron units, aircraft, aircraft carriers, museums and research
George Gemer Book Site
- Story of a young Hungarian soldier who spent many years in a Russian Prisoner of War Labor camp long after the war was over. This book chronicles his survival.
Ghost of Bataan
- P.O.W survivor Abie Abraham tells the real truth about the Death March and Prison Camps in Bataan.
Herman Knight Beaber
- Information on this man and his experiences in the Philippines.
In Hell There Is A Place Called Death's Railway
- Stanley Willner's experience as a prisoner of war of the Japanese at the River Kwai. Includes image gallery and links to related information.
Island Farm POW CAMP 198 / Special Camp 11
- World War II German POW camp and site of the biggest escape attempt in Great Britain. Includes newspaper reports, prisoner biographies, description of the camp and its fate since the war.
Lest We Forget: The Railway of Death
- Fred Seiker's book containing paintings and stories of life as a Japanese POW building the Thai-Burma Railway.
My Hitch In Hell!
- The story of a US Marine, WWII, who was a POW-prisoner of the Japanese. Together with an entire sample chapter from the book, My Hitch In Hell.
Oryoku Maru Online
- 1,619 men were herded aboard a Japanese Prisoner Of War "Hell Ship." Only about 271 ever returned home. This is their story. Includes searchable POW list.
Prisoner Of War
- Eyewitness account by Dr. Paul Ashton, medical staff of the US Bataan force, contained in two books, Bataan Diary and And Somebody Gives a Damn.
Prisoner of War
- A tribute to the Allied soldiers who fought in Greece in 1941 and were held in Stalag 18A, Austria.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor