Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- Questions challenge teens/pre-teens to think and reason and become responsible, law abiding citizens.
American Psychological Association HelpCenter
- Warning Signs on-line brochure providing information on detecting a tendency of violence and on controlling the anger driving it.
Children, Adolescence and Violence
- Psychologist Michael Fenichel presents information and resources for parents, teachers, students, and counselors. Emphasis is on prevention, the "warning signs", causes, and effects of violence.
ERIC Clearinghouse on Urban Education
- Within the guide, are research studies, program and project overviews, and links to agencies addressing youth violence.
Guide To Programs To Prevent Youth Violence
Is Youth Violence Just Another Fact Of Life?
- A briefing paper from APA on youth and violence.
National Campaign to Reduce Youth Violence
- Initiated by public broadcasting, the National Campaign to Reduce Youth Violence is a multiyear effort to reduce youth violence in our communities.
OJJDP Fact Sheets
- Juvenile Justice
Pacific Center for Violence Prevention
- A Trauma Foundation project, working to prevent youth violence in California.
Peace Works PEI
- Canadian non-profit organization teaching conflict resolution skills to children, parents, teachers and communities.
- PeaceTalks, a series on teen violence, has some real life answers to one of the nation's most pressing social problems.
- An open forum for teens and pre-teens to express their feelings and ideas about stopping hate, violence, racism, harassment, bullying and drugs.
Report of the Surgeon General on Youth Violence
- This report, ordered by Congress and the Clinton administration after the Columbine High School shooting, examines the factors that lead young people to gravitate toward violence, reviews the factors that protect youth from perpetrating violence and identifies effective research-based preventive strategies.
Strategies Against Violence Everywhere (SAVE)
- A volunteer collaborative which creates, supports and enhances the commitment of individuals, families and communities to the ideals of nonviolence.
Violent Kids Information Site
- A website for students, teachers and others who want to learn more about the psychological characteristics of kids who kill.
Virginia Youth Violence Project
- Identify effective methods and policies for youth violence prevention and response, especially in school settings;
Youth Indicators 1996
- A statistical compilation of data on family structure, jobs, education, and other elements that comprise the world of young people. Where possible, long-term trend data are provided as an historical context for interpretation. Source: National Center For Education Statistics (NCES).
- Content from athealth.com reviewing youth violence and aggression.
Youth Violence Resources
- Listings of and links to articles, agencies, organizations and websites to find help and information about youth, teen and adolescent violence and bullying issues.
Youth Violence in Middle America
- An article on Youth Violence, prepared by the Search Institute, Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor