Science and Technology
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Association for Competitive Technology
- A trade association for computer software, hardware, consulting companies working to keep e-commerce unregulated. Links to news articles concerning Internet regulation of business. Has newsletter.
Chicago-Kent College of Law: Center for Law and Computers
- Articles, documents, guidelines for use of the Internet. The main focus is the impact of information technology on the law. Also deal with other issues such as women in computer science. Contains links to other Internet organizations.
Electronic Frontier Canada
- Organization working for privacy rights in Information Technology. Has mailing lists. Has links to articles about privacy and computers in Canada.
Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF)
- Non-profit, non-partisan organization, founded by Mitch Kapor and John Perry Barlow, working to protect fundamental civil liberties, including privacy and freedom of expression, in the arena of computers and the Internet.
Electronic Frontiers Australia
- Aims to protect and promote the civil liberties of Internet users through education and active campaigning.
Electronic Privacy Information Center
- EPIC is a public interest research center. Tracks news and legislation on First Amendment, and constitutional issues of privacy.
European Internet Foundation ( EIF )
- EIF helps shape European Union policy for e-commerce, e-democracy and the digital revolution. It is led by Members of the European Parliament, and supported by internet companies, academics, and public bodies.
- An organization dedicated to informing others about "geek" anarchist culture. Has links to a variety of organizations and groups engaged in fighting censorship on the Internet.
Global Internet Liberty Campaign
- An international organization of groups working for cyber-liberties, who are determined to preserve civil liberties and human rights on the Internet.
Hands Off The Net
- This site is against government regulation of the Internet,particularly e-commerce. Links to legislation concerning Internet taxation. Also has links to state by state information.
Internet Societal Task Force
- One of the newest organizations under the Internet Society's umbrella, the ISTF works for social change using the Internet. It addresses issues such as accessibility, regulation, education, taxation using discussion lists. Has internal search engine and journal.
- Founded to educate the public, policy makers, and the media about technology-based social and political issues, and to promote access to and use of information technology as a tool for community organizing, outreach, and advocacy.
- A contact point for those interested in poverty and human rights issues, especially in the developing world. Has clips of recent world-wide concert broadcast 10/09/99. Alphabetized links to similar agencies and organizations.
Online Policy Group
- Issue oriented group focused on access, privacy, safety, human rights. Has links to news archives. Updated frequently.
- Anti-censorware articles, essays, and investigative reports. Includes instructions and programs to disable content blocking software.
- Internet resources for information to deal with cyberstalking, child exploitation, and general on-line safety issues. Has on-line classes to help educate the public on Internet safety. Links to "Missing Children" sites and chatroom (unmoderated).
Save The Web - The Movement to save Europe's Internet
- The campaign to Save the Web in Europe from special interests and misguided legislation.
The Center for Democracy and Technology
- Works to promote democratic values and constitutional liberties in the digital age.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor