Submit a site
English Spelling Reform
Old Tongues Revived
International Auxiliary Languages
Reformed and Modified English
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Cymdeithas DJ Society
- An independent think-tank founded for the promotion of the Welsh language.
Eliezer Ben-Yehuda and the Revival of Hebrew
- The life and work of the founder of the Hebrew Language Council, the forerunner of today's Hebrew Language Academy, the supreme arbiter and authority on all matters pertaining to the Hebrew language.
- An independent Brussels-based news agency providing daily news coverage of events that matter to Europe's minority language communities.
How the Norwegian Parliament Banned the National Language
- A political history of the Norwegian language by Ingar Holst.
Israel: Language Policy
- Profile of the role of Hebrew in Israeli government and education.
- American Indian language resources on the Internet, presented by the National Indian Telecommunications Institute.
Language Problems and Language Planning
- International multi-lingual journal that publishes articles primarily on political, sociological, and economic aspects of language and language use. Site includes submission and subscription information, contents and abstracts.
Laws and Languages in Québec
- The principles and means of Québec's language policy.
Linguistic Diversity: Terralingua's Internet Resource List
- Inventory of institutions and organizations (academic, governmental, non-governmental, international, national, regional, local) dedicated to the study and maintenance of the indigenous and minority languages of the world, as well as to fostering linguistic diversity in general.
National Identity - Nationalidentität
- Dissertation on the effects of language policies on national identity in German-speaking countries.
Nationalism and Language
- Linguistic identity and policy in the Balkans. An essay by Bozidar Jaksic.
Native American Language Preservation (NALP)
- A project of the Center for Applied Studies in American Ethnicity at Colorado State University.
Politics and the English Language
- An essay by George Orwell.
The English-Speaking Union
- An international, charitable, membership organization which works through exchanges, scholarships, speaking competitions, conferences and English language programs worldwide.
The English-Speaking Union of the United States
- A non-profit, non-political, educational organization whose mission is to promote scholarship and the advancement of knowledge through the effective use of English in an expanding global community.
The English-Speaking Union, Houston Branch
- Includes news, photo album, and FAQ.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor