Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
By the Numbers: Privacy in the Workplace
- Scientific American magazine article about the monitoring of employees by employers (drug testing, e-mail monitoring, etc.).
COUP 4 JIP - Community Of United People For Justice In Pay
- Promotes making minimum wage a living wage, and creating a maximum income and maximum wealth tied to the minimum wage.
Compaq's Treatment of Disabled Employees
- Presents factual data on Compaq terminating disabled employees despite their written employment documentation. Conclusions are left for the reader to draw.
- Network for the promotion and protection of the rights of migrant workers. French and Spanish versions also.
Democracy In The Workplace
- Promoting a PACE union organizing drive in International Paper Corporation, this site was created in Lexington, Ky. by plant personnel.
Exotic Dancers Alliance
- Advocacy group for female exotic dancers attempting to obtain adequate working conditions and civil rights within the sex industry.
Farmworker Justice Fund
- Monitoring, analysis and ways to get involved on issues affecting migrant and seasonal farmworkers, including labor and employment, occupational safety and health, farmworker women, immigration, and access to the justice system.
Global Workers Group
- Advocates workers' rights which will benefit consumers, workers, business and government.
- World labor news and views from a global trade union.
- Everything you ever wanted to know about Organized Labor, Unions, Labor Relations, and Employment Law but were afraid to ask.
- An award winning producer of videos on Labor and Management relations.
- Labor Policy Association's Website Devoted to Trends in National Labor Relations Board Case Law and Administrative Actions.
National Jobs for All Coalition
- building a new movement for full employment at livable wages.
National Labor Committee
- The NLC is a human rights advocacy group that focuses on the promotion and defense of worker rights. Through establishing long standing working relationships with non-governmental, human rights, labor and religious organizations the NLC puts a human face on the global economy. The NLC educates and actively involves the public in actions aimed at ending labor abuses, improving living conditions for workers and their families and promoting the concept of a living wage.
National Labor Relations Board
- The agency of the United States Government that enforces the National Labor Relations Act. Contains statutes, rules, regulations, text of decisions, forms, and a help desk that explains rights under all federal employment laws.
- News, information, and online community for retail employees engaged in union drives and labor activism.
Social Cost of Asian Crisis
- Examines the human rights impact of the Asian economic disaster.
Temporary Workers' Protest Page
- A protest page for permatemps and other temporary workers.
The Steward for Human, Civil and Worker's Rights
- Examines human rights issues and battles around the world.
U.S. Department of Labor
- Charged with preparing the American workforce for new and better jobs, and ensuring the adequacy of America's workplaces. Responsible for the administration and enforcement of over 180 federal statutes.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor