Human Rights and Liberties
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
1997 Human Rights Report
- U.S. Department of State Peru Country Report on Human Rights Practices for 1997. Released by the Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor, January 30, 1998.
1998 Human Rights Report - Peru
- U.S. Department of State Peru Country Report on Human Rights Practices for 1998. Released by the Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor, February 26, 1999.
- Peru human rights news. In-depth features, links, action alerts, news digest.
Amnesty International 1993 Report on Peruvian Human Rights
- Human rights in Peru since the suspension of constitutional government by President Fujimori on 5th April 1992.
Amnesty International: Publications on Peru
- Recent AI publications on Peru including annual reports, other reports and news releases. From 1996 to date.
Center for International Policy
- Security in Latin America: Peru. Some inks to sites on human rights, military and narcotics issues.
Embassy of Peru in the UK
- Human Rights in Peru from the perspective of the Embassy of Peru in the UK.
Human Rights Watch
- World Report 1999, Peru - human rights developments
Human Rights Watch/Americas
- Press release December 11, 1997. Rights group denounces routine torture in Peru and criticizes Fujimori's attacks on courts and press.
Inter Press Service News Report December 1997
- Torture against suspected insurgents and common criminals is 'routine' and 'institutionalised' under the government of Peru's President Alberto Fujimori, according to a new report released by Human Rights Watch/Americas.
Peru Solidarity Forum
- A network of missionaries and other foreign residents in Peru who, indentifying with the national aspirations for a just society marked by the Gospel values of freedom and fraternity, are committed to solidarity with the Peruvian people in their struggle for life, justice and peace.
Peru's Questioned Elections
- Eyewitness Dispatches from Human Rights Watch researcher in Lima of the "March of the Four Corners" (Marcha de los Cuatro Suyos)in July 2000.
Peru: Law of Protection from Family Violence
- Human Rights Watch Memorandum of 31.3.2000 about domestic abuse and women living in violent interpersonal relationships.
Project NoSpank: Inter Press Service, April 14, 1999
- Rights advocacy groups focus on child abuse in Peru.
The British Council Peru
- Peruvian Human Rights Organizations - contact information.
United Nations Development Programme: Article May 1999
- Some 750,000 displaced persons in Peru are expected to regain their civic rights this year, including their ability to vote in national and local elections.
United Nations Human Rights System: Peru 1999
- Treaties: ratifications and reservations. This gives a summary of relevant treaties with links to the actual documents.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor