Human Rights and Liberties
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Cuba's Repressive Machinery
- Report documenting Cuba's failures to respect the civil and political rights enumerated in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR) as well as the international human rights and labor rights treaties it has ratified. Prepared by Human Rights Watch.
- Current non-governmental news articles about and from Cuba. In Enslish, Spanish, and German.
Cuban American Democracy Project
- This is a human rights / pro democracy web site, dedicated to the attainment of freedom in a Cuba.
Cuban Committee for Human Rights
- Oldest human rights organization inside of Cuba during the Castro era.
Derechos Humanos en Cuba (Human Rights in Cuba)
- Introduction page is in Spanish but most sub-pages have an English version.
Directorio Revolucionario Democratico Cubano
- Youth organization seeking free and democratic elections and general amnesty for all political prisoners. Employs only nonviolent methods. English, Espanol.
Dissidents imprisoned or Forced into Exile
- Amnesty International report.
Elena Mederos On-line: Human Rights Website
- Human rights site with articles and links primarily in English and Spanish but with multilingual links as well. Areas of specialty is Cuba and pro-democracy movements.
FREE CUBA Foundation - Fundacion CUBA LIBRE
- Organization founded by students at FIU seeking to support free markets, democracy and human rights in Cuba
Free Doctor Biscet Political Prisoner in Cuba
- Dr. Biscet is considered an Amnesty International prisoner of conscience.
Human Rights Violations Inside Of Cuba
- Keep track of Cuba's human rights practices.
INS officers take Elián González
- Half a dozen close up photographs of Immigration and Naturalizaiton officers taking this Cuban boy from his Uncle's home in Miami on April 22, 2000. NYTimes.com requires (free) registration to view.
The Call to Demand Justice for the Victims of the 13 de Marzo Massacre
- Initiating statement of the international campaign to bring justice to the victims of the 13 de Marzo Massacre
The Cuba Free Press Project
- Volunteer-driven independent newspaper publishes and distributes articles and commentary from writers in Cuba. Based in Miami, Florida USA.
The Sinking of the "13 de Marzo" Tugboat
- Report by Amnesty International.
Unión Liberal Cubana
- We live in a time in which it is recognized that the men and women that compose a society have obligations and rights, responsibilities and benefits, and are, or at least should be, active participants in history.
Victims of the Tugboat "13 de Marzo" vs. Cuba
- On July 19, 1994, the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights received a complaint stating that in the early morning hours of July 13, 1994, four boats belonging to the Cuban State and equipped with water hoses attacked an old tugboat that was fleeing Cuba with 72 people on board.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor