Human Rights and Liberties
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
50 Years On - What Future for Refugee Protection?
- Focuses on the future of refugee protection worldwide on the fiftieth anniversary of the establishment of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees. Human Rights Watch charted the erosion of refugee protection throughout Western Europe.
Cambridgeshire Against Refugee Detention
- Campaigns against the British government's policy of imprisoning asylum-seekers without trial while their claims are processed, and against the detention centre at Oakington near Cambridge.
Children?s Rights Division (of Human Rights Watch) - Refugees Home Page
- More than half of the world's refugee population are children, yet their rights and special protection needs as children are frequently neglected. Many refugee children continue to suffer human rights abuses in countries of asylum.
Eagle Eyes Association for Afghan Displaced Youth
- Supports refugees of the Afghanistan war. Provides support in health, training, vocation and education to Afghanis, the largest number of single nation refugees in the world.
Echr - Asylum and Immigration Law Review
- Legal resource site for UK immigration, asylum and human rights practitioners.
- Immigration legal services. We are a non-profit organization with twenty years of experience helping the Central American community in Los Angeles.
European Network on Integration of Refugees
- Focuses of refugee issues. Site in English and in French.
Forced Migration Review
- Published three times a year in English, Spanish and Arabic by the Refugee Studies Programme, University of Oxford. FMR enables academics, practitioners, refugees, and IDPs to share information and experience.
- Describes one individual's three frustrating and unsuccessful attempts to leave the United States and secure political asylum in Europe.
Kent Refugee Action Network
- An umbrella organization of the individual support groups for asylum seekers and refugees in Kent. The groups offer support, befriending and practical assistance.
Konrad Weiss: The Right of Asylum.
- Speech in the German Bundestag on the occasion of proposed changes to German asylum law, April 30, 1992.
- Find out how 39 million people are forced to live today by learning about the basic needs in a refugee camp and hearing the personal stories of refugees and relief workers.
Refugees: Building an effective response
- Canadian government study that examines the international refugee crisis, its causes, international agreements, and policy options.
Students Against Campsfield
- About the 200 detainees in Campsfield House (UK), who are political refugees from countries such as Nigeria, Algeria, Ghana, Turkey, India and Zaire, and are being held without charges, time limits, or access to legal representation.
The Palestine Right To Return Coalition - UK
- Organization that supports the right of return of Palestinian refugees.
US Committee for Refugees
- Defends the rights of refugees, asylum seekers, and displaced persons worldwide.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor