Human Rights and Liberties
Submit a site
Services and Companies
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- A web magazine with dissenting opinions about a variety of topics, including privacy issues such as Carnivore and Echelon. Has links to a variety of issues.
About Your Address
- Under the Freedom of Information and Privacy Acts anyone can request your personal details from any US government agency. Information about the rules and instructions on how to get the information.
- Dedicated to exposing polygraph waste, fraud, and abuse, and seeking the abolishment of polygraph testing from the American workplace.
Australian Privacy Commissioner
- Contains information about Australia's Privacy Act and general privacy issues.
Backtalk: Keystroke Cops
- With the advent of technology that records every word an employee types, is there a right to privacy on the internet and at work? Share your views at Women.com
- Article and references regarding proposed federal regulation for the banking industry called "Know Your Customer."
Big Brother Banks? FDIC has snooping plans
- The federal government wants banks to investigate you. Soon your banker will know more about you than anyone else in town. Banks must not only determine your correct identity, they must also know how you make your money, and how you spend it. Once you establish a pattern of deposits and withdrawals, banks must inform federal agencies when you deviate.
California Bankers Oppose Snooping Plan
- The FDIC (Federal Deposit Insurance Company) is proposing a plan called Know Your Customer which would require banking institutions to monitor unusual transactions of every customer and report them to the government.
- A Site for those who are interested in reclusveness and want to pursue it further.
- Collection of articles and links on privacy issues, especially Echelon.
- News site regarding privacy and freedom issues. Links to global articles.
- Personal web site by Paul Wolf concerned with ECHELON global surveillance system and other privacy threats. Links to other issue related sites.
- Encourages public discussion of the Echelon Network, an intelligence gathering organization, that is a potential threat to civil liberties, and to urge the governments of the world to protect our rights.
Echelon: Questions asked in Australian Senate
- Bob Brown's speech concerning the Australian government's involvement with the Echelon spy network.
Glen Robert's Full Disclosure
- Glen Roberts exposes sites that disclose private information such as names, addresses, social security numbers etc.
Hiding From the Man: How to Protect Your Privacy
- Comprehensive guide to protecting your privacy in cyberspace and the real world.
HowStuffWorks: How Facial Recognition Systems Work
- Article on FACEIT software.
HowStuffWorks: How Wiretapping Works
- Article on how wire-tapping works. Links to a variety of other privacy issues such as Carnivore.
Invasion of Privacy
- School project on invasion of privacy. Links to some laws.
Keep your Secrets
- Maintain your privacy and keep your secrets, with effective techniques of verbal deception, evasion, lying, cover-story, and misdirection. Online examples and suggestions for evaluating risks of secrecy as well as suggestions for hiding physical objects as well as hiding activities.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor