Health and Safety
Submit a site
Canadian Health Policy
Children's Health Insurance Program
HMOs and Managed Care
Universal Health Care
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Academy for Health Services Research
- Technical assistance resource for researchers and policy professionals.
Almanac of Policy Issues: Health Policy
- Comprehensive links and background information on U.S. health policy.
American Academy of Family Physicians Center for Policy Studies in Family Practice and Primary Care
- Brings a family practice and primary care perspective to health policy deliberations.
Center for Collaborative Research in Health Outcomes and Policy
- Conducts research for the development, management and understanding of health improvement, outreach and promotion, as well as disease management, clinical outcomes and health policy analysis.
Center for State Health Policy, Rutgers University
- Center focusing on health services research, public health, health policy and the social sciences with a strong set of applied research and policy analysis initiatives.
Council on the Economic Impact of Health System Change
- The Council, based at Brandeis University, presents the findings of nationally-recognized health policy experts on emerging health policy issues, such as medicare reform, managed care regulation and the uninsured.
Duke Health Policy Cyberexchange
- Portal site for health policy information on the Web.
- A national nonprofit, non-partisan organization dedicated to the achievement of high-quality, affordable health and long-term care for all Americans.
Foundation for Taxpayer and Consumer Rights
- California-based, non-profit consumer education and advocacy organization. Deals in insurance reform, healthcare reform, billing errors, and other issues.
Harvard Health Caucus at the Harvard Medical School
- A student-run interdisciplinary think tank dedicated to thoughtful discourse in health policy.
Health Care Reform News and Views
- Regular updates of news and views on health care reform issues commonly ignored by the mainstream media. Link and bibliography. Published by the Heartland Institute.
Health Care for All (ACP-ASIM)
- The American College of physicians-American Society of Internal Medicine recently put statistical information as well as part of their efforts to sway Congress and 2000 Presidential candidiates on the internet. Interesting studies and information presented.
Health Information for Development Project
- Aims to establish a global network of 1,000 health information resource centres that will provide locally appropriate content on health issues. The project is intended to reinforce existing health services and education systems, not replace them.
Health Policy - Idea Central
- A project of the Electronic Policy Network.
Health Policy: The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation
- News and analysis on health policy topics including managed care, Medicare, Social Security, universal health insurance coverage, and patients rights.
Health Publications of the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
- The Center is a research institute that conducts analyses on gov't policies and programs.
Health Systems Research, Inc. - Publications
- Health Systems Research, Inc. (HSR) is a public policy research and consulting firm that provides program and technical support to publicly-funded health and human services agencies, as well as to not-for-profit and philanthropic organizations. This site provides general information about HSR's services and staff and allows visitors to download publications on a wide range of health- and welfare-related topics.
Health-Care Reform - A Mindful Approach
- A detailed, revolutionary plan is presented by a medical doctor to reform the health-care system by restructuring medical education. The program would be individualized, cost free, and open to any motivated person.
Human Rights and the Aids Crisis: The Debate Over Resources
- International human-rights standards can help point a useful direction while we prepare ourseleves to face a new public-health challenge that has come to the fore in the fight against AIDS.
Infostat, Cargo-Cult Science and the Policy Sausage-machine
- Paper on the managerial takeover of clinical practice, and how the process of medical science is distorted by politics and dubious trendy theories.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor