Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
4 Minutes to Nuclear War
- The Chinese M-11 is an advanced, solid fuel, road mobile, tactical nuclear missile.
Ailing Workers From Test Site Get Chance To Face DOE
- Nevada test site workers get a hearing. (Las Vegas SUN)
Depleted Uranium on Scrap Heaps
- Guardian Unlimited
Details of U.S.- Russia Plutonium Deal
- The United States and Russia signed agreements to dispose of 68 tonnes of plutonium and to set up a joint "early warning" missile detection center. Planet Ark - Reuters.
Five Nuclear Powers Commit Themselves to Elimination of Nuclear Arms
- In a bid to deflect criticism of their nuclear disarmament records, the five recognized nuclear powers pledged to completely eliminate their nuclear weapons. CBC News.
- Tri-City Herald newspaper archive of Hanford nuclear reservation in Washington State. Includes many articles on the Department of Energy (DOE) and other nuclear related stories.
Japan Not To Upgrade Worst Nuclear Accident
- Assessment of uranium processing accident in Japan in September 1999. (Planet Ark)
Japan Nuclear Accident Claims Second Victim
- Planet Ark
Japanese Reactor Risks Catastrophe, Warns Report
- Plutonium mixed oxide (MOX) fuel produced in Europe and intended for a Japanese reactor will increase the risks of a catastrophic nuclear accident if used, says a report released in the Netherlands this week. Environment News Service.
Los Alamos Fire
- News about the Los Alamos fire and effects on the Los Alamos Nuclear Laboratory. GlobalCircle.
NATO Admits it Used Depleted Uranium in Kosovo
- Proposition One daily U.S. and international news. Links to current news sources on nuclear and related topics.
Nuclear Powers Promise to Disarm
- The world's five main nuclear powers pledge the total elimination of their weapons stockpiles, but give no timetable. BBC News.
Patching Nuclear Power
- The nuclear industry talked the US federal government into allowing a generic 20-year extension on the life of reactors. J.A. Savage, Albion Monitor.
Radiation Damage May Be Passed to Offspring
- The harmful effects of radiation may be passed down from one generation to the next, researchers report. In a study in mice, the offspring of male mice that had been exposed to radiation had an increased number of genetic mutations, as did their offspring--even though the two generations of younger mice had not been exposed to radiation.
Russia Could Become World's Nuclear Waste Repository
- The U.S. Department of Energy and Russias Ministry for Atomic Energy have signed an agreement to develop and test advanced technologies to remediate high level nuclear waste in both counties. The Russian ministry plans to earn billions of dollars by importing and reprocessing spent nuclear fuel from Asian and European countries. (Environment News Service).
Secret Project Carried Hidden Dangers
- Nuclear weapons workers in the 1940s and `50s, were exposed to dangerous levels of radiation. Government reports were classified and buried. The result is a legacy of poisoned workers and communities that lingers to this day. USA Today.
Simple Blood Test Measures Cell Damage From Radiation
Stress Related Illness Tag 'Outrageous'
- DU testing for troops (Halifax Herald)
U.S. House Passes Nuclear Waste Bill
- Planet Ark - Reuters.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor