Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Look at the 'Sex Respect' Curriculum
- Critique of abstinence-only sexuality education, from Rethinking Schools, a nonprofit, independent publisher of educational materials. (Summer 1998)
Does Sex Education Work?
- Article reviews research and argues that a comprehensive risk prevention strategy should use multiple elements to protect as many of those at risk of pregnancy and STD/HIV infection as possible.
Kaiser Daily Health Reports: Reproductive Health
- Daily reports on reproductive issues; often includes abortion-related news.
- National grassroots nonprofit organization dedicated to HIV/ AIDS advocacy and education. Includes advice for parents wanting to talk to their children about sex.
National Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy (NCPTP)
- Non-profit organization with a mission to prevent teen pregnancy by supporting values and stimulating actions that are consistent with a pregnancy-free adolescence.
Parents for A Responsible Health Curriculum
- Parent organization to inform parents of laws regarding health education and to promote parental involvement in the development of school health curriculum.
Parents' Rights Coalition
- Conservative group providing information and criticism on gay-related education materials and programs.
- Very large list of Internet links and references on education programs and other measures to prevent adolescent pregnancy.
Sexuality Education in the Schools: Issues and Answers
- Site argues that school-based sexuality education programs conducted by specially-trained educators can add an important dimension to children's ongoing sexual learning.
Sexuality Education: How Americans Really Feel
- An analysis of how Americans feel about sexuality education.
Sexuality Information and Education Council of the US (SIECUS)
- Promotes comprehensive education about sexuality, and advocates the right of individuals to make responsible sexual choices.
Teaching Fear: The Religious Right's Campaign Against Sexuality Education
- 1996 essay by People for the American Way describes the controversy over different approaches to teaching about sex and sexuality: comprehensive sexuality education vs. a focus on abstaining from all sexual activity until marriage. Essay advocates the comprehensive approach.
Trend Toward Abstinence-Only Sex Ed Means Many U.S. Teenagers Are Not Getting Vital Messages About Contraception
- Report of an Alan Guttmacher Institute study.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor