Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Consumer Perspective Regarding Intellectual Property
- James Packard Love, from the Center for Study of Responsive Law, discusses FTAA and intellectual property rules, a paper presented at Belo Horizonte, Brazil.
Alternative for the Americas
- Catalyzed by the Summit of the Americas in Santiago Chile in April of 1998. A working document concerning FTAA designed to stimulate further debate and education on an alternative vision, based on the interests of all the people in the western hemisphere.
American Lands Alliance: Hemispheric Forest Threat
- Introduction to FTAA and how it would effect forest product consumption and biodiversity.
Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS): Summit of the Americas
- Publications, analysis and suggestions to the meetings attempting to integrate markets in the western hemisphere.
Committee of Government Representatives on the Participation of Civil Society
- Releases by the Bureau of Economic and Business Affairs, explaining the committees role in civil society participation, with list of executive summaries submitted to the FTAA.
Corporate Watch: Building a Hemispheric Social Alliance to Confront Free Trade
- Joint declaration by unions and NGOs, from around the western hemisphere, concerning their view of this trade agreement. Was issued parallel to the Third Trade Ministerial Meeting in Belo Horizonte, Brazil.
Corporate Watch: FTAA
- Karen Hansen-Kuhn of The Development Group for Alternative Policies (GAP) looks at FTAA, cites problems with U.S. trade policy, and gives recommendations for new foreign policy.
Council of Americas: FTAA Advocacy
- Declerations and reports on a conference on business facilitation of the trade agreement.
Council of Canadians: FTAA and the Threat to Democracy
- Introduction, publications, media releases and resources, communicating concerns with "liberalization" and lessons learned from NAFTA.
Democracy, Development, and Social Justice in the Americas
- The Canadian Labour Congress' declaration of the workers of the Americas, in response to the event involving the FTAA in Belo Horizonte, Brazil, in May of 1997.
FTAA: Opportunities and Challenges for Florida
- Information pamphlet by Terry L. McCoy Director of the Latin American Business Environment Program at the University of Florida.
Foreign Policy in Focus: Free Trade Area of the Americas
- Karen Hansen-Kuhn looks at the problems and gives recommendations on the trade agreement.
Forgotten Promises and Forgotten Lessons
- Speaking notes of Christine Elwell, Senior Policy Analyst of Sierra Club of Canada, concerning the OAS, the FTAA and environmental protection.
Free Trade of the Americas By 2005: Is It Working
- Presents the inherent problems and challenges, and introduces a process for the agreement to be implemented in an expeditious manner.
Global Exchange: Free Trade Area of the Americas
- Frequently asked questions, top ten reasons to oppose FTAA, alternatives, updates, and how to get involved.
Green Paper 3: Freedoms That Are Abolished (FTAA)
- A detailed look at what the trade agreement will be like, and what it threatens in the western hemisphere, written by the Action for Community and Ecology in the Regions of Central America.
National Post Online: Summit of the Americas 2001
- Coverage of the streets, the summit and the issues.
New Democratic Party: FTAA ToolKit
- Background information, flyers, petitions, and resolutions from the Canadian political party.
- Information on organizing civil society to affirm the beliefs that the FTAA is interested in business rather than public interest, with calendar of events and reading materials.
QuebecAmericas: Summit of the Americas
- Summary, schedule of events, and the province government's position on continental economic integration.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor