Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Little Bit of Inquisition
- Subtitle: (And They Called It America) How would you react if your State government required the Witches Rede to be mounted in your child's classroom?
Advocates International - Justice with Compassion
- World-wide non-profit organization based in Fairfax, Virginia that deals with issues of religious freedom around the world.
Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights
- The CLRC fights anti-Catholicism and is the nation's largest Catholic civil rights organization. Their website contains articles on conflicts between government and the Catholic Church and/or individual Catholics.
Childrens Healthcare Is a Legal Duty
- A nonprofit national organization established in 1983 to protect children from abusive religious and cultural practices, especially religion-based medical neglect. CHILD opposes religious exemptions from duties of care for children.
Church and State
- Article from the Encyclopedia of Mormonism explaining that faith's position on church-state relations.
Church, State, Rock and Roll
- A monthly update on state and federal litigation concerning the First Amendment's religion clauses.
Church-State Academic Papers
- Political science papers dealing with the relationship of church and state, and religious liberty.
Congress Again Attempts to Legislate Religious Freedom
- After having its Religious Freedom Restoration Act declared an unconstitutional exercise of legislative power in 1997, Congress tries again with the Religious Liberty Protection Act of 1999.
Dignitatis Humanae (Declaration on Religious Freedom)
- Second Vatican Council document stating the Catholic Church's official position on religious freedom.
Doctrinal Errors of Dignitatis Humanae, The
- A group of self-described traditional Catholics take issue with the Second Vatican Council's teachings on religious freedom.
Earth Religions Assistance Pages
- Index of resources for practitioners of Earth Religions who are experiencing religious discrimination.
Eastern Philadelphia Organizing Project
- The mission is to develop community leaders who can act on their values and their faith to create concrete changes and improve their neighborhoods for all.
Faith-Based Office Announcement Sparks Debate
- Newly elected President George W Bush announces a plan that will enable the "state" to pay "churches" for social problem solving. Washingtonpost.com.
First Amendment Cyber-Tribune: Religious Liberty
- List of links to primary sources, mostly U.S. Government documents and historical essays.
Freedom of Religion
- An overall view of religious liberty as defined by U.S. Supreme Court cases.
Institute for the Study of Religion in Politics
- Conservative Christian organization which was created to study the effects of mixing religion and politics on today's church.
International Coalition for Religious Freedom
- A non-profit, non-sectarian, educational organization dedicated to defending the religious freedom of all, regardless of creed, gender or ethnic origin.
J. M. Dawson Institute of Church-State Studies, Baylor University
- Very informative site focused on church-state relations in the United States and around the world. Back issues of the Institute's "Journal of Church and State" are available for browsing. Also contains a comprehensive list of links to online resources, including primary source material.
Lady Liberty League
- A national and global referral and information exchange network of Pagan religious freedom activists.
National Committee For Amish Religious Freedom
- Founded in 1967 at the University of Chicago for the purpose of preserving the religious liberty of the Old Order Amish (and related Anabaptist groups, including Mennonites) -- and hence religious liberty for all.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor