Children, Youth and Family
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Corporal Punishment in Schools
- For many children around the world, violence was a regular part of the school experience. In some countries, school officials routinely used corporal punishment to maintain classroom discipline and to punish children for poor academic performance. Human Rights Watch workes to highlight these abuses.
Corporal Punishment of Children
- Research on corporal punishment of children and critiques of anti-spanking research.
Corporal Punishment: A Necessary Evil?
- The question of whether corporate punishment should be allowed is covered by an About.com guide on private schooling.
- Spare The Rod? New Research Challenges Spanking Critics - Opposition to parents spanking their children has been growing significantly in elite circles over the past 15 years. Disciplinary spanking can fall well within the boundaries of loving discipline and need not be labeled abusive violence.
Is Corporal Punishment Degrading?
- This unfinished and unrevised article was among Col. Ingersoll's papers and is here reproduced without change. It is a reply to the Dean of St. Paul's Contribution to the North American Review for Dec., 1891.
National Center for the Study of Corporal Punishment and Alternatives
- A center for research, scholarhip, clinical investigation, the advocacy concerning corporal punishment and more recently, psychological maltreatment in the schools.
- Parents and Teachers against Violence in Education, PTAVE, a nonprofit organization advocating for the fundamental right of all children to grow and learn in environments that are without violence and for their legal protection against assault and battery by anyone.
Questions about Spanking
- Personal site with an online poll about spanking.
Social Change and Trends in Approval Of Corporal Punishment by Parents
- A socilogical research report of parents and parenting styles from 1968 to 1994, by Dr. Murray Strauss. Family Research Laboratory, University of New Hampshire.
Spare the Child
- Information and news about physical punishment, with resources for activists who work toward its abolition.
- The true story of a girl growing up in the ghettos of a big city, fighting against corporal punishment, abuse and poverty.
The Teacher: MEC fuels debate about corporal punishment
- Newly appointed MEC for education in KwaZulu-Natal has hardly had time to settle into her new office, but she has already established herself as a figure of controversy - because of her outspoken support for corporal punishment. Johannesburg, South Africa.
World Corporal Punishment Research
- Factual reports on the official posterial corporal punishment of youth by providing a clearing-house for CP researchers to exchange information and resources. Many links and archived reports and even some humor.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor