Children, Youth and Family
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Eastern Shore Kids Kastle Day Care and Preschool
- Eastern Shore Kids Kastle is a licensed childcare center in Fairhope, Alabama. The center offers an eduational preschool program, nutritious meals and snacks, field trips, and a safe, stable environment.
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Almanac of Policy Issues: Child Care
- News, background information, and links on U.S. child care policy.
Building A Better Future for British Columbia Kids A Discussion Paper
- Outlines the challenges facing child care in British Columbia, Canada. Sets out a range of possible child-care programs and the costs and benefits of each one.
- Status of legislation, background information, and analyses related to child care from the Coalition on Human Needs, a coalition of major U.S. anti-poverty organizations.
Child Care Action Campaign
- CCAC is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to strengthening families, improving education, and advancing the well being of children through advocacy for safe, affordable, good quality child care for all American families.
Child Care Expenses of America's Families
- Report from the Urban Institute looking at the issues arising from childcare costs in the US.
Child Care Issues
- Legal Defense and Education Fund provides information relating to the concerns and issues of child care as it pertains to lower income women, child care subsidies, expanding child care funding and provisions for low income families.
Child Care Resource and Research Unit
- Focuses on early childhood care and education research and policy. Its mandate is to advance the idea of a publicly-funded, universally accessible, comprehensive, high quality, not-for-profit system of early childhood care and education in Canada.
Child Care by Kith and Kin
- An article reviewing the issues surrounding Kith and Kin care of children for child care. Overview of the issues, program and policy approaches and recommendations provided by the National Center for Children in Poverty.
Child Care in Health Care
- National Association for Health Care and Health Care Related Managers interested in service options for employees with children.
Children's Needs, Societal Consequences
- Article exploring the possible consequences to society if children's childcare needs aren't adequately met.
- A number of news related articles, links to national and state legislative information regarding child care, education and related child welfare reform information in Colorado. Provided by the University of Colorado, Denver.
Online NewsHour: Child care Issues
- Transcript of edition in which Phil Ponce explores the issues surrounding childcare in the US.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor