Submit a site
Semiotics of Advertising
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Advertising and Cognition
- How do ads affect our ability to think clearly? Assessing the ability of college students to accurately "decode and comprehend" assorted implications embedded in TV commercial texts in both video and print modes served as the crux of this project.
- - the use of tobacco brand names on non-tobacco merchandise or services - as a means of promoting cigarettes when faced with a ban on direct tobacco advertising.
Call to distraction
- How to tell the difference when there is no difference to tell. Salon article.
Cigarette Ads Revive Spirit of Joe Camel
- Article in Ad Age magazine reviews the new generation of Camel ads.
Enlightenment to go
- One man's teaser ad campaign is another's otherworldly obsession. Salon article.
Gandhi was no pitchman
- Why Apple chose the wrong icon to promote their product. Article from Salon.
- Critique of a Shield soap commercial, by Mark Crispin Miller.
Labor, patriotism, and Michael Jordan in a Nike advertisement
- Examination of Nike's use of Michael Jordan in an apparent attempt to restore their tarnished image.
Malt liquor marketing to Latinos
- The malt-liquor industry, drunk on high-octane sales to the black hip-hop nation, has set its sights on the Latino youth market.
Smoke and Mirrors: Tobacco Industry Ads
- Essay from Feed Magazine explores the aims of tobacco industry ads, both those that celebrate the industry's charitable giving, and industry 'anti-youth-smoking' ads.
Smoke gets in your eyes
- Are cigarette manufacturers not just placing ads but also creating magazines for their own advertising? Article from Salon.
Talk dirty to me, Nike
- The shoe company's new ad campaign gives new meaning to "Just Do It". Salon article.
- Seasonal campaigns by TV network affiliates aimed at boosting ratings in order to maximize advertising revenue.
The contrition peddlers
- When you're a big corporation and you step in racial doo-doo, you call Chisholm-Mingo -- your full-service agency for repentance, prevention and brand-burnishing. Salon article.
- English has become the lingua franca of global merchandise, but does it mean anything? Salon article.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor