Submit a site
Personal and Class Pages
U.S. Civil War
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Wanderer in a Sea of Clouds
- World history notes by Robert Shannon Sumner of the State University of West Georgia.
A history of education in America
- A history of education in America: from the colonial times to the present, education in America has changed as much as it has stayed the same.
Abby's Resource Page for Social Studies Teachers
- Hundreds of links to history, social studies, and education sites on the Web. Links are indexed for easy searching. Also home of the History Teachers' Education Ring.
Advanced Placement European History
- Resources for teachers of AP European history: includes a web forum and links to teacher-maintained AP European history web sites, the College Board site, publishers, and European research resources.
Adventure Learning Foundation
- Creates curricula which follow online adventure learning expeditions as they travel around the world. Includes resources for use in the K-12 classroom.
American President: Presidential History Resources
- Includes lesson plans, web resources, essays, historical documents, and a glossary.
AskERICCrossroads; A K-16 American History Curriculum
- Recommended American history curriculum for kindergarten through college.
BC Social Studies Teachers' Association Top Links
- This site offers links to valuable lesson plans, research links and professional information to teachers and others interested in socials, history, geography, comparative civilizations and more.
Big Sky Social Studies Lesson Plans
- Gopher site offers dozens of lesson plans for all grade levels.
Colonial America - For Freedom and Profit
- United States History project designed for grades 6-12. It is an interactive, internet-based, cooperative group activity in which students build a colony from the ground up.
Cuban Missile Crisis Document Based Question annd Essay
- Analysis and documents relating to John F. Kennedy's initial and ultimate response to the Soviet Union during the Cuban Missile Crisis, in the form of a Document-Based Question (DBQ).
Cultural / Educational Artefacts
- Created by teachers for teachers. Give students the opportunity to learn about history by feeling and touching actual parts of history.
- To encourage teachers of students at all levels to use archival documents in the classroom, the Digital Classroom provides materials from the National Archives and methods for teaching with primary sources.
Dwayne Voegeli's Social Studies Teacher's Page
- A collection of resources geared toward 9-12 grade educators.
General History Sources/Sites
- Part of the History/Social Studies Web Site for K-12 Teachers
Great Sites For Teaching About: The Middle Ages
- These sites are among the best on the Web for teaching about the Middle Ages.
- Directory of online history research resources for students and educators.
History and Social Studies
- Small directory of educational sites for the student, genealogist and family historian.
LLEK Bookmarks Scientific Search Engines - History
- Catalog of journals, catalogs, and other scholarly resources primarily in in German and English.
La Escuela Rice WebNaissance Pages
- Uses the life of Galileo as the starting point for a wide variety of activities. As part of a special enrichment project, Galileo's Web, students learn all about the life and times of this important scientist.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor