By Time Period
Wars and Conflicts
Submit a site
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Freedom Rises from the Rubble
- IBM's involvement in the rebuilding of the Frauenkirche, destroyed in the Dresden air raid. Some information about the raid itself.
Grandad's War Memoirs
- Personal memories of the British 14th Army campaign in Burma 1940-1945.
In Hell There Is A Place Called Death's Railway
- Stanley Willner's experience as a prisoner of war of the Japanese at the River Kwai. Includes image gallery and links to related information.
Island Farm POW CAMP 198 / Special Camp 11
- Island Farm German POW CAMP 198, Special Camp 11.
Kodiak Alaska Military History
- WWII and Cold War structures remaining on Kodiak Island explained.
Lead the Way Rangers, A History of the Fifth Ranger Battalion
- A day by day chronicle of the Fifth Ranger Battalion during World War II from 1943 to 1945. Written by Sgt. Henry Glassman in 1945.
Lectures for the History of World War II
- Good allround presentations by Professor Gerhard Rempel, Western New England College - understandable for laymen.
Lessons of the Winter War in Finland
- History and lessons of the Winter War between Finland and Stalin´s Red Army.
Lest We Forget
- Photographs and story of a Dutch WWII soldier and Indonesia Stoottroeper, my daddy
Lest We Forget: World War II
- Essays, pictures, timelines, and more dealing with all aspects of WW II in all theatres.
Lost Art Internet Database
- A government-sponsored German database of art objects either stolen by the Nazis or for which no legal proprietor has been found.
Maps of World War Two
- A history of the Second World War through maps. Includes critical battles and campaigns such as Dunkirk, Barbarossa, Stalingrad, Kursk, D-Day, Normandy, Berlin and others.
Massacres and Atrocities of the Second World War
- "A compilation of facts gathered from various sources including encyclopaedias, almanacs, biographies, magazines and newspapers, and from the many books published since the end of WWII"
Navajo Code Talkers
- The United States Marine Corps employed Navajo volunteers in communications security roles in the Pacific Theater during World War Two. The Japanese were never able to break the code when the Navajo spoke in their native language. Includes articles and links.
- Describes the German invasion, with Orders of Battle, battle descriptions, historical background, politics etc. It concentrates on the Norwegian side of the conflict.
Phil's World War II Pages
- A general WW II resource - Adolf Hitler biography, leaders, important dates, books, casualty figures and trivia.
Railroading's Contribution to the War Effort
- The contributions of American railroads and related industries to the American war efforts during World War II. Illustrated by contemporary industry publications.
Ruins of the Reich
- Video tour traces the rise and fall of the Third Reich thru the ruins of its monuments and buildings. Ruins include Hitler's Wolffs Lair hdqtrs and Mountain retreat. Tannenburg, sub pens.
Scott's World War Two
- Pictures, battles, and stories of the war in the Pacific during World War II.
Second World War Posters
- The planning, design and reception of British Home Front propaganda posters of the Second World War.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor