Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual
Family and Marriage
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Abuse in Lesbian Relationships
- Describes lesbian partner abuse, the ways violence can make a victim feel, and what to do to get help, including local resources for Victoria, Australia.
Annual Report on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Domestic Violence
- National Coalition of Anti-Violence Projects research findings regarding same sex domestic violence. Report includes victim numbers, offers explanations and legal remedies.
Australia Extends Domestic Violence Provisions to Lesbian and Gay Immigrants
- Article describing change in Australia's immigration law, which now allows an immigrant lesbian or gay victim of domestic violence to remain in the country if they can demonstrate they are in danger if they leave.
Battering in Lesbian Relationships: Part One
- Article which describes the lack of services available to lesbian victims of battering, the homophobic response they may expect to receive should they seek help, and how heterosexual women have many more options for assistance.
Battering in Lesbian Relationships: Part Two
- Discusses reasons a battered lesbian finds it harder to seek assistance, including the fear of non-biological children being taken away from her. Suggests that straight and lesbian women must work together to provide better services for lesbian victims.
Domestic Abuse Intervention Services
- Domestic abuse intervention services in Madison, WI. Include a 24-hour crisis line, short-term individual counseling, support groups, legal and health care advocacy, shelter, and several outreach projects.
Domestic Violence in Gay and Lesbian Couples
- Scholarly article describing the stages of a gay, lesbian, and bisexual relationship and how domestic violence develops.
Domestic Violence in Lesbian Relationships
- Information about lesbian battering, cycle of violence, and safety planning. Local listing of Cleveland, Ohio resources.
E Law: The Second Closet: Domestic Violence in Lesbian and Gay Relationships
- Article describing same-sex domestic violence, reluctance of the gay and lesbian community to acknowledge violence, and issues specific to GLBT domestic violence.
E-Groups: GLBT Domestic Violence
- Join a mailing list for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender victims and survivors of domestic violence.
GLBT Relationships: Families, Problems
- Large number of links and articles about same-sex domestic violence, including a personal account from former Olympic swimmer Greg Louganis.
Gay Community Centers by State
- List of gay community centers by state, including services offered, who to contact, and web pages if available. Most offer non-violence or domestic violence services.
Gay Men's Domestic Violence Project
- Provide community education and direct services to gay, bisexual, and transgendered male victims and survivors of domestic violence in the Cambridge, MA area.
Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgendered Domestic Violence
- Providing information, resources, and support to gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered victims and survivors of domestic violence.
Gay, Lesbian, and Women's Resources on the Web
- Resources and links for women's issues, gay and lesbian youth, and gay and lesbian domestic violence.
Homosexual Domestic Violence: An Increasingly Prevalent Problem
- Article which explains the problem with gay and lesbian abuse reports is that many go unreported due to societal prejudice, and services and counseling necessary for abuse victims are not available.
- Article describing different psychological theories about why lesbians batter.
- Facts and statistics about lesbian battery. (Legal term meaning physical assault).
Lesbian Gay Community Center Cleveland: Domestic Violence
- Explains domestic abuse in gay and lesbian couples and lists where to get help in the Cleveland area if you are a gay or lesbian domestic violence victim.
Life on Brian's Beat: Gay on Gay Violence
- Resources for gay men and lesbians who are in violent relationships. Description of kinds of abuse and behaviors batterers exhibit. List of other resources and links.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor