Art and Antiquities
Submit a site
Museum Provenance Research
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Art Loss Register
- Database of looted art on behalf of Holocaust survivors and their heirs.
- Mission and contact information for an organization offering services to find art works looted by Nazis.
Catalogue des Musées Nationaux Récupération
- [France] Catalogue of looted art. Site in French only.
Commission for Art Recovery
- Organization that dentifies and locates art stolen by the Nazis and their collaborators, and registers claims for the victims of Nazi art theft.
Enemy Property: The British Government Claims Scheme
- Site contains details of the claims scheme and how to apply. It also has summary details of records held at the Public Record Office relating to UK property seized during WWII from organisations and individuals resident in countries with which the UK was at war.
- Part II of an article by James S. Plaut, in which he tells the story of retrieving and collecting of masterpieces looted by Rosenberg, Goring, and Hitler and hidden in Germany. [The Atlantic Monthly]
Holocaust Art Restitution Project
- Organization offering to help recover art lost during the Holocaust in order to restitute it to its rightful owners.
Holocaust Assets: US State Department
- Links to US government documents relating to Holocaust-Era Assets, including looted art.
Holocaust Claims Processing Office: Art Claims
- [New York State] Downloadable claims form.
- International list of current activities regarding holocaust-era assets. A project of the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum in conjunction with the Washington Conference on Holocaust-Era Assets.
Holocaust: The Plunder of Art Treasures
- Excerpt from the International Military Tribunal, Nurnberg: Nazi Conspracy and Aggression, Volume 1, Chapter 14.
Interministerial Commission for Art Works
- [Italy] Catalogue of Italian art treasures lost during the Second World War. Lists over 2500 objects classified under 1512 headings and accompanied by 280 photographs.
Loot for the Master Race
- Article by James S. Plaut, who was directly responsible for recovering the works of art which had been looted by Rosenberg, Göring, and Hitler and hidden in Germany. [The Atlantic Monthly]
- [Hungary] Works of art missing from Hungary as a result of the Second World War.
Lost Art Internet Database
- A government-sponsored German database of art objects either stolen by the Nazis or for which no legal proprietor has been found.
Museum Security Network: World War II and Looted Art
- Compilation of international articles about art lost during World War II.
Presidential Commission on Holocaust Assets in the US
- Present an historical record of the collection and disposition of the assets of Holocaust victims that came into the possession or control of the Government of the United States.
Project for the Documentation of Wartime Cultural Losses
- Official reports on the Nazis' seizure of cultural property in France, Russia, Europe, Occupied Territories, Neutral countries and Latin America.
Restitution - Art
- [Czech Republic] Database of works of art from public collections in the Czech Republic that come, or may come, from the property of the victims of the Holocaust.
Switzerland - Second World War
- Information on measures taken by Switzerland relating to the problem of looted art.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor