Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Advanced Topics in Aerodynamics
- Electronic media about Aerodynamics, Aeronautics, Propulsion Systems, and Related Technology.
Aerodynamics for Students
- A web textbook from the University of Sydney that covers undergraduate-level aerodynamics, fluid dynamics, aircraft performance and propulsion. Investigates the significance of pressure distribution on an aerodynamic body and the estimation of lift, drag and pitching moment of an aerofoil from the pressure around it in flight.
Aerodynamics in Plain English
- A collection of 17 articles, for sale by the author, that explain the basic concepts in aerodynamics for students in k-12 and college.
Aerodynamics of Bicycles
- An practical introduction to the Aerodynamics of ground vehicles.
Aeronautics Learning Laboratory -- (ALLSTAR) Network
- A NASA generated site with instructional resources for students and educators. Includes sections on the history and principles of aeronautics.
Airfoils by Chris Heintz
- A textbook that discusses airfoil aerodynamics as applied to STOL aircraft.
Applied Aerodynamics Links from Michael Selig
- Several hundred links to Aerodynamic resources from Professor Michael Selig of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Applied Computational Aerodynamics Text -- W.H. Mason
- An electronic version of class notes for "Applied Computational Aerodynamics" as taught at the Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University.
Beginner's Guide to Aerodynamics -- NASA Glenn Research Center
- Background information on basic aerodynamics as teaching aids for secondary math and science teachers.
Beginner's Guide to Aeronautics
- Prepared at NASA Glenn by the Learning Technologies Project (LTP) to provide background information on basic aerodynamics and propulsion for secondary math and science teachers. Includes interactive animated illustrations of many concepts.
Electronics Cooling -- Fan and Blower Aerodynamics
- A basic discussion of the aerodynamics of fans and blowers. Airfoils and volumetric flow calculations.
- Material from U.S. Army Field Manual 1-51 covering aspects of helicopter aerodynamics. Good reference material.
Highly Nonplanar Lifting Systems by Kroo, McMasters and Smith
- A paper by Ilan Kroo (Stanford University), John McMasters (Boeing Commercial Airplane Group) and Stephen C. Smith (NASA Ames Research Center) that deals with nonplanar wing concepts (e.g. biplanes, triplanes, box planes, ring wings, lifting struts, joined wings, crescent wings, split-tips, and others) -- their advantages and possible application in a variety of aircraft designs.
Institute of Fluid Mechanics
- German research institute.
Langley Technical Reports Server (LTRS)
- Searchble collection of over 2,000 Aerodynamic and Aerospace related technical papers. The full-text papers are available as either PDF or Postscript files.
Low-Speed Airfoil Data
- Detailed aerodynamic data for low speed airfoils. Especially appropriate to remote controlled sailplanes.
Mark Ketchum's Bridge Aerodynamics Page
- A discussion of bridge aerodynamics, with particular emphasis on suspension bridges and the Tacoma Narrows disaster of 1940.
Model Aircraft Aerodynamics
- Airfoils, velocity distributions, laminar separation, turbulators, spar and rib structures, winglets, the drag of linkages with pushrods, propellers, and developments in category F3D remote control pylon racing.
NACA Technical Report Server
- National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics - an incredible compilation of papers (they are old, but much of this is still in use today)
Principles of Aeronautics
- An online textbook discussing the basics of flight, drag and lift with content and lesson plans appropriate to all educational levels.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor