Submit a site
Alternative Political Systems
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Rational Life
- Several pages discussing the aspects of individuals living in groups and the issues of governance. Topics include, "Public Choice", Vagueness, Paradoxes, "Social Dilemmas", Liberty, Personal, etc.
An Ideological Division
- Offering non-traditional definitions of conservatism, liberalism, libertarianism, socialism, and the role of the moderate
- Topics discussed include Aristotle's politics, pros and cons of Christian Democracy, the practical possibility of theocracy.
Can the best get better?
- The structural limitations of democracy and opportunities for refinement.
- Formerly a National Socialist (Nazi)site, name changes with similar agenda, a nationalist website dedicated to the understanding of nationalist political thought and social criticism with a specific tendency toward foreign affairs and new world order.
External Evolution of Human Species
- A site based on books written by the sites author on the evolution of human organization: by its size (through tribe, city-state, state, and empire) and by its quality (through monarchy and republic).
Foundations of Political Theory
- Foundations of Political Theory organized section of the American Political Science Association
From State to Free-State
- Paper on changes in the meaning of the words "republic" and "commonwealth" in the 17th and 18th centuries. By William R. Everdell and first published in 1987 at the 7th ISECS, Budapest.
Hierarchic Democracy and the Necessity of Mass Civil Disobediance
- Ted Honderich on how gross differentials in economic power, and hence political power, make a mockery of conventional assumptions about "liberal democracy", as practiced in the United States and Britain.
- Attempts to summarise neoliberalism as a philosophy, not simply as economics.
- The many principles of equality foisted on egalitarianism, and their worth by Prof. Ted Honderich.
On the Republic, Democracy, and Anarchism
- A collection of articles and essays by the team at Worldwide Capitalism Web, and contributing guest author, University of Idaho Professor of Economics John T. Wenders.
Philosophy and Civil Society: Postmodern Civic Culture
- The philosophical examination of the nature of civil society and civic culture in general. More specifically, it addresses the contemporary crisis of liberal democratic civic culture in the postmodern period.
- All the major political systems explained, from anarchy through capitalism and socialism to theocracy.
Political Theory in a Nutshell
- University of Michigan, Department of Political Science work discussing life in ancient Greece.
Reciprocia Pages, Philosophy for Homo Sapiens and Friends
- An alternative philosophy site based on the works of its author, world traveler Richard Rieben. Essays, articles and book descriptions. Also a bibliographic quotation gallery, and a few links.
School of Cooperative Individualism
- A website introducing visitors to the socio-political philosophy of cooperative individualism, as espoused by champions of individual liberty Thomas Paine, Henry George and others of like mind. The website also contains an internal search engine and extensive library of reference materials, readings, links to other websites and a discussion forum.
Serendipity: Liberty and Democracy
- John Stuart Mill's essay On Liberty,other articles deaing with liberty, freedom and democracy.
Socialist-Libertarian Political System
- Renders socialist outcomes by applying libertarian (procedural) principles of ethics.
TYSK - The Philosophy of Government Department
- Linsk to articles and essays on the formulation of government from a free-market libertarian perspective.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor