Language and Linguistics
Submit a site
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Speech on the Web
- Links to pages related to phonetics and speech sciences.
The Throat Singers of Tuva
- Scientific American's Feature Article of September 1999.
ToDI - Transcription of Dutch Intonation
- Multimedia tutorial for learning and describing Dutch intonation (by Carlos Gussenhoven, University of Nijmegen, The Netherlands)
University of Michigan Phonetic Training Tools
- A downloadable free demo.
Usenet IPA/ASCII transcription
Vowels and Consonants
- Collection of sound and speech examples of hundreds of languages and dialects; good systematics for describing and analyzing different sound inventories (by Peter Ladefoged, UCLA)
speech accent archive
- an archive of foreign accents. all speakers record in english. phonetic transcriptions and phonological generalizations are provided.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor