Language and Linguistics
Old Tongues Revived
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Agan Tavas - Cornish Language Advisory Service (CLAS)
- On-line correspondence course, sound clips, picture library, bibliography, contacts, links, book stores, short word list, history of the language, current status and how to join "Agan Tavas - Our Language".
All Things Cornish
- A Webring. Not devoted to the language specifically, but leads to lots of interesting sources of related information.
- The Net version of an all-Cornish magazine. Most of the texts are duplicated in English and are accompanied by audio samples.
- "Cornwall's foremost traditional music group". Includes a RealAudio version of their latest album - free onsite.
Cornish Language Club
- A meeting place for discussions about the Cornish Language, in all its forms.
Cornish Language Page
- A whole bibliography of out-of-print books to be ordered from Amazon.com (in Language Section of the Rowan Leaf Bookstore).
Cornish Language Page (Kevren)
- By Chris Dunkerley. Brief sketches on the history and the revival of the tongue (with special section on efforts in Australia). Contacts (mainly in Australia), links, and more.
Cornish Studies Papers
- By Matthew Spriggs of Department of Archaeology and Anthropology, Australian National University.
- An incompletely constructed site that nevertheless has some good information about orthographies, history, and the verb "to be" in Cornish.
Cornish on the Web - An Tavas Kernewek war'n Web
- Introduction to the Cornish language and culture.
- The Australian Newsletter for those who love the Cornish Language.
Kowethas an Yeth Kernewek
- Publishes an all Cornish magazine, An Gannas.
Languages-On-The-Web: Best Cornish Links
Modern Cornish Pages of Dr. Charles Penglase
- Selection of Cornish stories of 16th thru early 19th centuries, accompanied by a glossary, and translation into English (and, partly, German and Italian).
Stephen Reeves lessons in Modern Cornish
- In three varieties of Cornish (Modern, Kemmyn, Unified). Also some texts, links, bibliography, etc.
Tabm Kernuack: A Bit of Modern Cornish
- A selection of phrases, mottos, verse, etc. in Modern Cornish.
The Cornish Language Centre
- Sketches on the language, its history and revival; basic lessons; some modern and ancient sample texts.
The Cornish Media Archive
- Publications, records of broadcasts, CDs in Cornish, and more, available onsite or to be ordered.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor