Language and Linguistics
Submit a site
Pidgin and Creole Languages
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
123world - Languages of Our World
- Links to world language sites.
A Web of On-line Grammars
- This website contains links to all of the serious if not complete grammars of languages on the Web. It currently contains links to grammars of more than 80 different languages.
Aboriginal Languages of Australia
- Guide to internet resources for Australian indigenous languages; part of the World Wide Web Virtual Library.
American Indian Language and Web Rings Sites
- Links to North, Central, and South American indigenous language pages.
Child of the World- World of Languages
- Descriptions of diverse languages, and links to fonts.
Convent of Pater Noster
- The Lord's Prayer in more than one thousand languages and dialects.
Cyril Babaev Indo-European Linguistic Studies
- A site devoted to Indo-European languages, linguistics and Proto-Indo-European. Includes articles, scripts, syllabaries, and grammars of all ancient and modern Indo-European languages.
- The 1993 Unesco Red Book Report on endangered languages in Europe and Northeast Asia.
- A catalogue of more than 6,700 languages spoken in 228 countries.
Foreign Languages for Travelers
- Learn Esperanto using a simple html-based system. Available in many languages.
- "Putting minority and native languages on the map." Information on world language geography, with emphasis on minor languages.
Instituto Lingüístico de Verano
- The indigenous languages and cultures of present-day Mexico. Includes material written in these languages as well as popular and technical publications about them.
Jennifer's Language Page
- How to say hello, please, thank you, and other basic social phrases, in hundreds of languages. Includes links to dictionaries, phrase guides, and other resources for many of the world's languages and countries.
LMBM: Table of Contents
- The personal website of Robert Beard, devoted to the study of morphology, especially Beard's theory of 'Lexeme-Morpheme Base Morphology'. It is linked to an index of on-line dictionaries and grammars, and several pages of linguistic fun.
- Introduction to the major language families, including Indo-European, Uralic, Altaic, and Afro-Asiatic.
Language of the Week
- A different world language is examined each week. Includes archives of past weeks.
Languages of the World
- A description of major world languages and language families, with links.
Languages on the Web
- 30,000 selected links to as many as 400 different languages, plus the first internet library of multilingual parallel texts.
- low-cost, no-nonsense, user-friendly computer programs to help beginning and intermediate students master the vocabulary and/or basic grammar of a variety of ancient, medieval, and modern languages.
Minority Languages in the European Union
- A Comenius Project of the European Union in which students from Finland, Germany, Italy, Spain and Sweden analyze the situation of minority languages in their respective country and in other countries of European Union.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor