Language and Linguistics
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Minimalist Theory of Human Sentence Processing
- Argues that the same set of principles that govern language learning also contribute to a theory of sentence processing.
A Step-by-Step Introduction to the Government and Binding Theory of Syntax
- A textbook-length explanation of Chomsky's theory. PDF file.
Arizona Minimalist Syntax Archives
- A collection of papers written within the context of Chomsky's Minimalist Program.
- A Windows program which produces an automatic morphological analysis of a corpus in any language. Free download.
- This page is dedicated to the dissemination of information regarding categorial grammar (CG), a theory of the form and meaning of human languages.
- A FAQ about the theory of Distributed Morphology.
- Takes a labelled bracketing of a string, and returns a graphic or PostScript file of the tree.
Lexeme-Morpheme Base Morphology
- The personal website of Robert Beard, devoted to the study of morphology, especially Beard's theory of 'Lexeme-Morpheme Base Morphology'.
- Discusses a fundamental methodological error in most branches of linguistic science, using the outdated Government and Binding theory of the Chomskian tradition as an example.
- Key questions in morphology today. By Byron W. Bender, University of Hawai`i.
- Recent work in morphosyntax from Stanford University. Files available in PS format.
Syntax and Morphology
- Lecture notes for a course on syntax and morphology, from the City University of Hong Kong.
- An electronic forum for discussions of issues in Chomksyan syntax and the theory of Principles and Parameters.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor