Language and Linguistics
Submit a site
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
The Computational Historical Linguistics Project
- A joint research project of the Computer and Information Science Department and the Linguistics Department at the University of Pennsylvania.
The Great Vowel Shift Web Site
- This site is an interactive introduction to the Great Vowel Shift, a major sound change in the English language. Includes sound and animation.
The Indo-European Language Family
- Extensive collection of resources in historical Indo-European linguistics.
The Proto-Sumerian Language Invention Process
- Eleven-page paper describing how the early Sumerians invented their language, with a complete lexicon of the first words in their language.
The power of Greek words
- The influence of Greek on other European languages.
Tracking Linguistic Drift: The Comparative Method
- Lecture notes.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor