Language and Linguistics
Graphemics and Orthography
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Basic Linear B Syllabary
- Clear .gif images of the basic characters.
Basque and Linear B
- First describing how Ventris and Chadwick showed Linear B to be an early written form of Greek, the article claims that it could equally well represent Basque.
- Description, history and images of Cretan writing, from pictographic to syllabic.
- A short introduction to Linear B
- A very short introduction to the script and it deciphering into Greek.
Linear B Dictionary
- Contains a single link to twelve page list (in pdf format) of Linear B words, their Latin & Greek alphabet transliteration, and their meaning. Slow download.
Linear B Tablets and Mycenaean Organization
- By interpreting Linear B as early Greek, this short article reveals the complex system of land tenure described in tablets from Knossos and Pylos.
Linear B and Linear A Compared
- Some photographs of inscribed tablets and jars from Knossos, Crete.
Linear B and the Mycenaean States
- An essay assessing the contribution that Linear B tablets can make to our understanding of the economy of the Mycenaeans.
Prehistoric Writings in Greece
- Tracks the development of Linear B from Cretan hieroglyphics via Linear A; some transliteration of symbols derived from Greek words given.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor