Language and Linguistics
Submit a site
International Student Exchange
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Chinese Bookstore - Worldwide Shipping
- Super Chinese bookstore: learn Chinese languages, Chinese children's books, Chinese movie DVDs, Chinese operas, TV drama, Chinese dictionaries, Chinese songs/music, greeting cards, Chinese paintings.
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
1 Stop Language
- A centre for teachers and learners of any language with a directory and reviews of language schools around the world.
Absolute Authority on Foreign Languages
- A comprehensive collection of authorities, directories, education, news, products, community and more on foreign languages.
Agora Language Marketplace
- Extensive collection of resources: learning materials, language publishers, study abroad, language lab hardware, newsletter for the language professional, and a section devoted to business.
Another Language : foreign languages / translation
- Links to books and sites for people who want to learn foreign languages / guide to becoming a translator
Boz's Polyglot Chat Room
- Chatroom those who want to learn or practice a language.
CALL: Computer-Assisted Language Learning
- Information about specialized topics within the broad category of computer-assisted language learning, as well as CALL links for every language taught at the UW-Madison.
- Daily email magazine an English phrase translated into several European languages and Hindi, free subscription.
Foreign Language Learning Homepage
- Mnemonics, language games and travel tips for language learning people.
- Directory of foreign language courses on the Internet and in the world
KZShop - International Shopping Assistance
- You can shop the best stores on the net and translate your shopping experience into 6 popular languages.
- Versatile site for learning foreign languages, experiencing world press, radio and TV, art, culture and general civilisation of different countries.
- Collection of resources for teachers and students of foreign languages.
Languages of the World
- Links to language resources including Indonesian, Swedish and the Classics.
Languages on the Web
- 30,000 selected links to as many as 400 different languages, plus the first internet library of multilingual parallel texts.
Languages: French, German, Spanish, Latin
- Global languages resources for high school students.
Less Commonly Taught Languages
- University of Minnesota site which tracks information on locations in North America where students can study specific less commonly taught languages.
- free software downloads, cliparts and other free resources for language teachers. Helps you create your worksheet and organise your work in the school.
MIT Libraries: Foreign Language News and Newspapers
- Electronic journals, newspapers and magazines are available in Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish.
Materials for Learning & Teaching Languages
- Online materials for reading, writing, speaking, listening to languages. AUDIO & QUIZZES.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor