Language and Linguistics
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
AILA Internation Association of Applied Linguistics
- International association of applied linguistics. The site contains membership information, its publications (available online) and links to its scientific commissions that organize activities and disseminate information on specific applied linguistic disciplines.
American Association for Applied Linguistics
- Information on the executive committee, application for membership, awards, job register, upcoming conferences and more.
Applied Linguistics Virtual Library
Center for Advanced Research on Language Acquisition
Center for Applied Linguistics
- CAL carries out a wide range of activities including research, teacher education, analysis and dissemination of information, design and development of instructional materials, technical assistance, conference planning, program evaluation, and policy analysis.
- A site for those doing research into the acquisition of English as a second language. Includes conference listings and calls for papers, job postings, discussion lists, message board for researchers, and links to ESL graduate programs.
Foreign Language Learning Homepage
- Mnemonics, language games and travel tips for language learners.
Graduate Institute of Applied Linguistics
- The Graduate Institute of Applied Linguistics exists to provide training and research opportunities in such areas as linguistics, language and culture learning, language assessment and development, literacy and Bible translation, and to equip students with the skills to train and serve others.
Jyväskylä Virtual Library - Applied Linguistics
- Multilingual collection of links and articles.
Language Acquisition- Mama Teached Me Talk
- How we learn language.
The Role of Applied Linguistics in Language Teacher Education
- Nat Bartels, language teacher and applied linguist, researches the role of applied linguistics in language teacher education, concetrating especially on teacher knowledge, teacher cognition, and knowledge transfer. Online articles available.
What is Applied Linguistics?
- An introduction to the area, and to UCLA's linguistics program.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor