Submit a site
Morphology and Syntax
Comparative Linguistics and Typology
Philosophy of Language
Phonetics and Phonology
Graphemics and Orthography
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
#Languages IRC Chat
- Talk about language(s) with people who share your interest.
- Links to corpora, software, papers, bibliographies, and additional sites.
- Languages of the World
Ethnologue - for Internet Explorer 5
- Alternative dynamic interface to the Ethnologue database of languages of the world, using features of Internet Explorer 5.
Fields of Linguistics
- A collection of articles which outline the various areas of specialization in linguistics.
Human Communication Research Centre
- An interdisciplinary research group with specializations in dialogue, mechanisms of language processing, graphics & language, and technology.
Innéacs * Everson Gunn Teoranta
- Links to pages dealing with Celtic and other minority languages, language resources, localization and character set encoding issues. WG2 is the ISO working group responsible for the Universal Character Set. Most of the papers here are proposals to augment this International Standard with new scripts and characters.
Introduction to Linguistics
- Linguistics for Beginners is a multimedia, interactive introduction to the subject. You will find all major topics of current linguistic studies examined here.
- Explores the themes "What is language?" "How is language used in culture?" and historical linguistics.
Language and Linguistics
- Maintained by Robin Turner. Contains essays on linguistics and links to linguistics and language pages.
Lexicon of Linguistics
- Searchable database of linguistic terminology. Includes bibliographic references. Updated and revised edition with many new terms in the areas of Generative Grammar (Minimalism) and Phonetics.
- Devoted to the exploration of our global linguistic environment. Contains extracts from the Linguasphere Register of the World's Languages and Speech Communities.
Linguistic Enterprises: Private-Sector Employment for Linguists
- A job-search site for linguists seeking employment in the private sector.
- Multidimensional exploration of online linguistic databases.
- This page is your entree to a wide range of information about linguistics. Each page deals with a different fundamental subdiscipline of linguistics: historical linguistics, phonology (the study of sounds), syntax (the study of sentence structure), semantics (the study of meaning).
Museum of Human Language
- Virtual museum with columns. Definition of a language, linguistics, and language function.
Research by the Stewardship Project
- Listings of international geographical names, orthography and transcription, and commentaries on language.
The Homepage of Integrational Linguistics
- A specific approach to linguistics combining a comprehensive theory of language and a theory of grammars.
The LINGUIST List
- Web site for the LINGUIST mailing list: professional communication and networking for the world-wide community of linguists.
The Linguistics Project
- Interdisciplinary, international, internet-community on language(s) and linguistics.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor