Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Absolute Authority on Cartography
- A comprehensive guide to cartography, maps, and geographic data detailing software, services, forums, and organizations for cartography professionals.
Africover - Land Cover Assessment for the Whole African Continent
- FAO project dealing with land cover assessment, based on remote sensing and GIS techniques. The main outputs of the project will be multi-purpose environmental resources digital database, specialized software, methodologies, trained national officers.
CTI Centre - Cartography
- links from the CTI Geography, Geology & Meteorology, University of Leicester
- A directory of websites relating to maps and cartography
- from the Department of Geography, California State University, Northridge
- Customized tactile maps for the blind and visually imparied, rendered in metal or plastic-encapsulated paper as well as interactive maps for low vision users delivered in CD format or over the web.
Clover Point Cartographics
- Geographic Information Systems. We at Clover Point Cartographics Ltd. continually strive to uphold the highest standards of professional integrity as we set new standards for innovative GIS and resource consulting.
Color Use Guidelines for Data Representation
- Creating an effective thematic map require an understanding of how the human eye perceives color. This article by Cynthia Brewer explains different aspects of color.
Computer Cartography at Northeastern Illinois University
- Online course syllabus and assignments aimed at teaching mapping techniques to effectively display spatial information.
Corps of Engineers
- The US Army Corp of Engineers main web site. The Corp of Engineers handles navigation, flood control, environmental protection, disaster response, and military construction.
Creative Force Inc.
- Digital and custom city county state metro and street maps in Illustrator FreeHand and CorelDRAW. Mapping and graphic design services for map makers publishers designers and illustrators.
- Products include Street Atlas USA, Topo USA, Earthmate GPS Receiver, The Atlas & Gazetteer series and other maps.
Departments of Cartography
- List of university cartography departments worldwide, maintained at Utrecht University
- Creates custom maps for print, Web, and presentation. Also develops and sells digital maps for use in graphic design and PowerPoint.
Digital Data Services
- A full service GIS mapping company. We specialize in land mapping for oil and gas related ventures and also in municipality assessment.
Digital Terrain Mapping
- The purpose of this web page is to assemble, organize, and present digital information about the earth's land surface of use to outdoor enthusiasts.
- Online resource of vectorized maps and plans.
- Design and production of custom thematic, historical, street, terrain and travel maps for publication.
Earth Resources Observation Systems (EROS)
- The Earth Resources Observation Systems (EROS) Data Center (EDC) is a data management, systems development, and research field center for the U.S. Geological Survey's (USGS) National Mapping Division.
- Custom maps and globes. Distinctive digital map production and design since 1983. Custom cartography for publications, multimedia and web.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor