Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
AP Government Links
- Links to resources for Advanced Placement U.S. Government students doing research.
American Government in a Nutshell
- Overview of American Government geared toward middle and high school, undergraduate and international students.
Center for Civic Education
- Specializes in civic and citizenship education, law-related education, and international exchange programs.
Choices Education Project: Capitol Forum on America's Future
- A program for high school students and their teachers, from the Choices Education Project, Brown University. Also offering adult discussion programs and curriculum materials on international affairs topics.
Civic Practices Network
- A collaborative and nonpartisan project bringing together a diverse array of organizations and perspectives within the new citizenship movement. We share a commitment to bring practical methods for public problem solving into every community and institutional setting in America.
Civics Lesson Plans
- A resource list of lesson plans for civics education from AskEric.
Civics Online-[Re]Envisioning the Democratic Community
- A collaborative, internet project working to provide teachers, students, and parents with a rich array of primary source materials, learning tools, and professional development resources with which to learn and teach civics.
- International Resource for civic education and civil society
Constitutional Rights Foundation
- Publisher of U.S. Constitution curriculum materials. Also provides free lesson plans and newsletters online.
- Government and civics information portal that simplifies the search for online regional, state, national and international government resources including election information.
Institute for the Study of Civic Values
- A non-profit organization established in Philadelphia in 1973 to promote the fulfillment of America's historic civic ideals.
Lesson Stop | Social Studies
- Provides links to government and civics sites.
MrDz - Civics
- Briefly explains the purpose of civics; includes outline of course content and links to political issues.
NAEP Civics Subject Area
- The latest NAEP civics assessment, which measured the civics and American government knowledge of students in grades 4, 8, and 12 in 1998, was administered to about 22,000 students in the nation.
Supreme Court Appointments
- Looks at possible vacancies on the Supreme Court of the United States and discusses the appointment process.
The Civic Mind: The Source for Civics Education and Information
- Civics lessons for communities and classrooms
The Learning Page
- Created to assist educators as they use the American Memory web site to teach about United States history and culture. The site provides tips and tricks for using the American Memory collections, as well as frameworks,activities, and lessons that provide context for their use. It will be useful to life-long learners of all ages.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor