Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- The art, history, culture, and archeology of ancient Peru. Under development. Colorful interface.
Andean and Tiwanaku Archaeology
- Alvaro Higueras' page. Archaeological research on the prehistoric Tiwanaku polity; recent investigations in Cochabamba, Bolivia; portal to archaeological research in Andean South America; English-Spanish glossary of archaeological terms.
Andes Web Pages
- Andes related articles and photo galleries by James Q. Jacobs, covering archeological sites, history, prehistory and cosmology. Includes Machu Picchu, Tiwanaku and Tupac Amaru.
Archaeology Research in Peru
- Picture gallery of archaeological ceramics. Selections from archaeological research papers by Bruce Owen, Ph.D. Anthropology, UCLA. Full browseable text, abstracts, eferences, and selected graphics presented at academic conferences.
Center for Archaeological Research in Arequipa
- Information on the archaeology of Arequipa, Peru and the activities of CIARQ.
Chachapoya - Warriors of the Clouds
- Pictures, text excerpts, and advertisement by Keith Muscutt, author of a book on the ancient Chachapoya of Peru.
- A study of the Middle Archaic (8000-4500 BP) in the central highlands of Peru.
Grade 6 Inca Projects and Resources
- Includes quite a large set of links.
Ice Treasures of the Inca
- National Geographic's interactive expedition up Mount Ampato, Peru, with Johan Reinhard.
- An illustrated introduction to Inca architectural elements and stonecutting methods, with references, from Rutahsa Adventures.
Inca Trail and Machu Picchu
- A virtual tour of the Inca Trail, complete with photographs and an interactive map.
Inside the Royal Tombs of the Moche
- The Moche ruins are located in the river valleys of Northern Peru. These valleys flourished with Moche life until approximately 1000 years ago when the Moche abruptly vanished. Tombs of treasure rival those of Egypt with unusual similarities.
Investigating the Inca Empire
- An introduction to the investigation of the Inca imperial strategies of conquest and control in Saraguro, Ecuador.
Latin American Antiquity
- A quarterly journal on archaeology, prehistory, and ethnohistory in Mesoamerica, Central America, and South America, and culturally related areas, published by the Society of American Archeology. Abstracts online.
Machu Picchu At Risk
- Mobilising opposition to plans for a cable car and hotel development threatening the ancient Inca site of Machu Picchu. Maps, illustrations, articles. Spanish and English.
Matt Bandy's Paper and Report Archive
- Scholarly papers on Andean prehistory in PDF format. Include several on Chiripa in Bolivia and the Titicaca Basin.
NOVA Online: Ice Mummies of the Inca
- NOVA presents an online expedition to Peru to search for Incan mummies at the top of Mt. Sara Sara.
- An interactive tour of the Paloma site in western Peru, including a virtual dig and excavation databases.
Peru's Supe Valley Civilization as Old as the Pyramids
- Linda Moulton Howe reports that archaeologists have dated massive stone structures at Caral in central Peru to between 2627 and 2020 BC. Article hosted by Earthfiles.
Prehispanic Raised Field Agriculture
- An applied archaeology project in the Bolivian Amazon testing prehistoric methods of sustaining large populations.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor