Light and Optics
Submit a site
Laser and Laser Pointer Safety
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Argon Gas Laser System
- The argon laser was invented in 1964 by William Bridges at Hughes Aircraft and is one of a family of ion lasers that use a noble gas as the active medium. This laser is used in many applications.
How a Laser Works
- A tutorial from Livermore National Labs.
Introduction to Lidar
- An introduction to atmospheric lidar for high school students. Lidar can be considered like radar but using light instead of radio waves.
Laser Diode Advice
- So you want a working diode laser? Gives information on laser diode pointers.
- Heavily hyperlinked history of the laser from time of Einstein to present day, from microwave lasers to optical and x-ray lasers. Emphasis on lasers discovered in space and lasers in astronomy.
Laser and Lidar Glossary
- Hyperlinked glossary of terms used when discussing lasers and lidar.
- FAQ-like text covering the safe operation and creation of homemade lasers.
The Invention of the Laser at Bell Labs, 1958 - 1998
- Laser history, written by the lab where it happened.
Web Science Resources' Laser Tutorial
- A brief introduction to laser operation written for those who have little or no knowledge of lasers. Each page builds on the concepts of the previous page and features color illustrations, some of them animated.
What You Should Know When Buying a Laser Pointer
- Basic types of laser pointers, their operation and safe use.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor