Logic and Foundations
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Home Page for the Axiom of Choice
- Introduction and links collection by Eric Schechter.
Around Gödel's Theorem
- (Hyper)textbook for students in mathematical logic, by Karlis Podnieks.
Axiom of Choice and Continuum Hypothesis
- Part of the Frequently Asked Questions in Mathematics.
Beginnings of Set Theory
- MacTutor History of Mathematics article.
Conditionals and Counterfactuals
- An investigation into the definition and misuse of the word "if".
Core Concepts in Critical Thinking
- Heavy, but required, reading for anyone serious about the effective teaching of problem solving skills.
Course on Description Logics
- Slides and notes by Enrico Franconi.
Critical Thinking Books and Software
- Critical thinking products for home and classroom for use in mathematics, science, language arts, social studies, and more.
Formal Methods Educational Materials
- A repository for information related to formal methods in education, including pointers to existing courses and suggestions for examples and projects.
Foundations of Temporal Logic
- This site is devoted to the Life and Work of Arthur Norman Prior (1914-69), the founding father of temporal logic. A special emphasis is placed on Prior's papers in The Bodleian Library, Oxford.
Games Mathematicians Play
- Mathematical games from a logical point of view: strategies for games and using games in descriptive complexity.
Gödel's Theorem and Information
- G.J.Chaitin's proof of Gödel's theorem using arguments having an algorithmic information theory flavor.
Hector Parr's Essays: Infinity
- Includes a look at the concept of infinity and the logical flaws in the different contexts of infinity.
Introduction to Logic and Recursion Theory
- Notes from the class taught by Prof. Sacks in the Spring of 1998.
Logic Software from CSLI
- Hyperproof, Tarski's World, Turing's World, and The Language of First-order Logic, educational logic software by Jon Barwise and John Etchemendy
Logic for Mathematics and Computer Science
- Supplementary material to Stanley Burris' logic textbook, with lecture notes, course development hints, and additional text including historical notes.
Lyceum Tutorial Services
- Philosophy and logic tutoring (paid services).
- "A Problem Course in Mathematical Logic" by Stefan Bilaniuk in LaTeX, PostScript or PDF.
Mathematics and Logic
- Site dedicated to Math and Logic education. Games, software, worksheets, puzzles.
- interactive tutorial for critical thinking, in which you will be introduced to basic concepts through sets of instructions and exercises
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor