Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
- Creative interdisciplinary solutions to today’s intractable land use, social, and resource issues using principles of ecological economics to integrate social, biophysical, and economic information.
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Africa Impact Assessment
- General information and guides to several countries' procedures.
Analytical Strategic Environmental Assessment (ANSEA) Project
- Reports on the progress of a team effort to define a logically founded methodology for strategic environmental assessment of policies, plans and programs. Participants represent 7 European countries.
Australian EIA Network
- Overview of environmental impact assessment in Australia including legislation and agreements, notifications, practitioners and training courses.
CEQ NEPA Net
- Council on Environmental Quality's central information hub for the U.S. National Environmental Policy Act and the federal environmental impact assessment process.
CHAINET - European network on chain analysis for environmental decision support
- Project to create a guidebook on different environmental analytical tools.
Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency
- In both of Canada's official languages: English and Francais.
Convention on Environmental Impact Assessment in a Transboundary Context
- International EIA convention signed in 1991. Text, ratification status, implementation reports, and related resources.
- Ivan Bortoluzzi's website includes introductory information on environmental analysis, methodologies for impact assessment and strategic environmental assessment, and links to laws and case studies from around the world.
Environmental Impact Assessment of Irrigation and Drainage Projects
- Guide for consultants and planners in developing countries, from FAO.
Environmental Impact Assessment Centre
- An independent university based research organisation, specialising in environmental impact assessment research, training and information.
Environmental Impact Assessment WWW Links
- Compiled by Manchester EIA Centre
Environmental Impact Assessment in Malta
- Describes EIA procedures that operate in Malta, including a summary of the Environmental Statement, the terms of reference and the site plans for development applications that require an EIA.
European Community Environmental Impact Assessment
- Legal requirements and guidance on EU EIA and strategic environmental assessment (SEA).
International Association for Impact Assessment (IAIA)
- Organization brings together researchers, practitioners, and users of various types of impact assessment worldwide. Site has organization information, EIA resources, and links to related websites around the world.
International Study of the Effectiveness of Environmental Assessment
- Report completed in 1996 addresses experiences in several countries in different world regions.
The California Environmental Quality Act
- Statute, guidelines, case law, FAQs, online archive of environmental assessment reports, and other resources related to the state impact assessment law.
U.S. DOD National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) Process Review Forum
- Forum to foster the exchange of information and ideas related to the NEPA process.
U.S. Department of Energy NEPA Web
- Site contains DOE NEPA regulations and guidance, text of many DOE EISs and EAs, and links to other resources on NEPA and environmental impact assessment.
U.S. General Services Administration NEPA Call-In
- Provides NEPA compliance guidance to GSA employees and contractors.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor