Submit a site
Products and Services
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Biological Effects of UV Radiation from Radioisotopes
- Research paper on emission of UV radiation from radioisotopes discovered recently by the author. Its biological effects, when administered in to the body as radiopharmaceutical was dealt with in this paper presented in 1999 at JNU, New Delhi.
DOE Openness: Human Radiation Experiments
- The Office of Human Radiation Experiments, established in March 1994, leads the Department of Energy's efforts to tell the agency's Cold War story of radiation research using human subjects. Identify and catalog relevant historical documents from records scattered across the country.
EPA Radiation Protection Division Home Page
- Provides detailed information to the various EPA programs associated with radiation protection activities.
- Problems with the technological enhancement of natural radioactivity and about 1,000 'radiation-related' links to about 170 countries
Health Effects of Ionizing Radiation
- A comprehensive report from the Canadian Environmental Advisory Council on the biological effects of radiation. Genetic damage, latency of cancer, units of exposure, biological effectiveness of radiation.
How Stuff Works: Nuclear Radiation
- Tutorial on ionizing radiation and how it affects all living organisms.
Ionizing Radiation Risks
- Estimates of exposure to low-level ionizing radiation and related topics by Wolfgang Kohnlein.
Ionizing Radiation Standards, Canadian Institute for National Measurement Standards
- Conducts research and development on measurement of ionizing radiation and provides services such as calibrations, consultation and training to the medical, physics, cancer radiotherapy, radiation protection, international standards, and industrial communities.
Low Dose Radiation Research Program
- Supports research to determine health risks from exposures to low levels of radiation. Includes research program information, a glossary, news articles about radiation and health, and related information.
Multi-Agency Radiation Survey and Site Investigation Manual (MARSSIM)
- U.S. multi-agency (EPA, NRC, DOE) consensus document that provides information on planning, conducting, evaluating, and documenting environmental radiological surveys of surface soil and building surfaces for demonstrating compliance with regulations.
NEWNET: Neighborhood Environmental Watch Network
- Access radiological and meteorological data from monitoring sites in New Mexico, Nevada, Utah, Alaska, and Mississippi.
NIOSH Occupational Energy Research Program
- Research program on risks of occupational exposure to ionizing radiation.
New Jersey State Radiation Protection Programs
- Information on state radiological regulatory programs, radiation safety in medicine and the environment. Nuclear reactor safety in New Jersey and related topics.
Nick's World Collection of Radiation Links
- Large collection of 'radiation-related' links (not all of them very radiation-related) from all over, organized by country. Also a technical paper on technological enhancement of natural radioactivity (TENORM).
Potassium Iodide Radiation Protection FAQ
- Nuclear accident/war preventative medicine FAQ with thyroid-blocking iodine sources.
Public Health Statement: Plutonium (1990)
- From the U.S. Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR).
RadScanner Personal Radiation Monitor
- Product for sale. Site includes information on environmental radiation.
Radiation Effects Research Foundation
- Private, nonprofit Japanese foundation, supported by the U.S. and Japan governments, that conducts research and studies on the effects of radiation exposure on humans with a view toward contributing to the maintenance of the health and welfare of atomic-bomb survivors and to the enhancement of the health of all people. Laboratories in Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
- Overview and fact sheet from the Merck Manual Home Edition.
Radiation Safety Information Computational Center
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor