Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Alien Species In Hawaii Information Index
- Entry point for information on alien species in Hawaii compiled by the Hawaiian Ecosystems at Risk (HEAR) Project.
Beware of Invasive Species
- Adapted from several Department of Transportation sources, primarily Roadside Use of Native Plants, which provides state-by-state references on the use of native plants and how they can be used to benefit highway projects.
Big Island Invasive Species Committee (BIISC) (& BIMAC)
- Progress reports and meeting notes from BIISC regarding work in eliminating invasive species.
Biological Invasions-Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Unique international journal uniting scientists in the broad field of biological invasions.
- Small firm provides expert consulting to government agencies and private organizations on all issues involving wildlife, endangered species and problems of alien invasive species.
Complementary Approaches to Invasive Species management
- Suggestions made for modifying the current Weed Acts to make them more useful for the control of invasive species of natural habitats.
Environmental And Economic Costs Associated With Non-Indigenous Species in the U.S.
- Cornell University research article.
Executive Order on Invasive Species (U.S.)
- Establishes definition of invasive species and provides for beginning the task of elimination.
- Chapter 9 of "Biodiversity and Conservation" by Peter J. Bryant. Textbook discussion of exotic species and their ecological impacts, with hyperlinks to other information on the Internet.
FWSMA Invasive Species Page
- Information on species identification, their impacts on us and native wildlife, and tips on how to combat the spread.
Fact Sheet - Invasive Species
- Ecological Society of America fact sheet about invasive species and their environmental and economic impacts.
Global Invasive Species Programme (GISP)
- An international team of biologists, natural resource managers, economists, and policy makers is organizing to prepare a global strategy for addressing the invasive species problems.
- This page provides access to information, reports, and data sets from many different agencies and organizations.
Harmful Non-Indigenous Species in the United States
- Office of Technology Assessment report
Harmful Non-Native Species: Issues for Congress
- Congressional Research Service Issue Brief made available by The Committee For The National Institute For The Environment which deals with whose responsibility it is to ensure the economic and ecological integrity of the nation in response to multi-billion dollar threats posed by harmful nonnative species.
Hawaiian Ecosystems at Risk (HEAR) Project
- This document contains hyperlink references to external websites which may be directly or peripherally relevant to the mission of the Hawaiian Ecosystems at Risk (HEAR) project (University of Hawaii/Botany Dept./CPSU/RCUH).
IUCN Invasive Species Specialist Group
- The ISSG aims to reduce threats to natural ecosystems and the native species they contain - by increasing awareness of invasions, and of ways to prevent, control, or eradicate them.
Illinois Natural History Program
- INHS research projects in inavasive species and biological control.
Impacts of Environmental Stressors on Streams and Rivers
- Including assessment of the threats to aquatic ecosystems posed directly and indirectly by invasive species. An Arizona Comparative Environmental Risk Project (ACERP) Ecosystems Technical Committee Report.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor