Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Belgian Clearing-House Mechanism
- The Belgian node of The Clearing-House Mechanism (CHM) under the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD). Languages: French, English, Dutch.
Clearing-House Mechanism for Convention on Biological Diversity
- Information resources, on-line forums, etc., related to the world-wide implementation of the Convention.
Convention on Biological Diversity
- The CBD is a global, comprehensive agreement addressing all aspects of biological diversity: genetic resources, species, and ecosystems. Primary site for information, implementation, reports, documents and links.
Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species
- CITES is an international treaty drawn up in 1973 to protect wildlife against over-exploitation, and to prevent international trade from threatening species with extinction. Web site includes text of the convention, publications, research programs, databases of CITES-listed flora and fauna.
Convention on Migratory Species - Convention sur Espèces Migratrices - Convenio sobre Especies Migratorias
- The Convention on the Conservation of Migratory Species of Wild Animals (also known as CMS or the Bonn Convention) aims to conserve terrestrial, marine and avian migratory species throughout their range. It is one of a small number of intergovernmental treaties concerned with the conservation of wildlife and wildlife habitats on a global scale.
Feasibility Study for a Harmonised Information Management Infrastructure for Biodiversity-related Treaties
- The study is available either in MS Word or Adobe Acrobat (pdf) format.
Global Biodiversity Forum - GBF
- An independent and open mechanism to analyze and discuss priority ecological, economic, institutional and social issues related to the options for action to conserve biodiversity, and use biological resources sustainably and equitably. Designed to provide a forum to support and enhance the objectives of the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) and other biodiversity-related instruments at the national and international levels.
Global Programme of Action for the Protection of the Marine Environment from Land-based Activities
- The GPA aims at preventing the degradation of the marine environment from land-based activities by facilitating the duty of States to preserve and protect the marine environment.
Ramsar Convention on Wetlands
- Official site of the secretariat for the Convention on Wetlands, signed in Ramsar, Iran, in 1971. This intergovernmental treaty provides a framework for national action and international cooperation for conservation and wise use of wetlands and their resources.
The Biodiversity Clearing House - Concept and Challenges
- Prepared as an input to discussion on the form the Convention on Biological Diversity clearing house for biodiversity information would take, and the manner in which it would operate. (FTP site).
The Convention on the Conservation of European Wildlife and Natural Habitats
- Also known as the Bern Convention, June 1982. Objectives: to conserve wild flora and fauna and their natural habitats; to promote co-operation between states; to give particular emphasis to endangered and vulnerable species, including endangered and vulnerable migratory species.
United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification
- The Convention promotes new approaches to managing dryland ecosystems. Official documents, reports, action programmes, regional and general information about desertification.
World Commission on Protected Areas
- WCPA's international mission is to promote the establishment and effective management of a world-wide representative network of terrestrial and marine protected areas, as an integral contribution to the IUCN mission.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor