Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
American Renaissance in Science Education (ARISE)
- The aim of this project, lead by the Nobel Prize Leon Lederman, is to develop a coherent, modular three-year high school science curriculum.
C3P--Comprehensive Conceptual Curriculum for Physics
- C3P is a curriculum project designed to implement research from physics education into high school physics courses and is supported by an NSF grant. The offices of C3P are located at the University of Dallas. Project is run by Richard Olenick. *NEW* The entire set of materials have been placed online.
Curriculum Links for Science Teachers
- General science, Biology, Chemistry, Weather,Wildlife and Environmental Science links with a site description for each
Eld!n - Science Curriculum
- Science curriculum units based on the Bill Kurtis - The New Explorers adventure programs. This standards based learning method provides an exciting approach to traditional lesson plans. Rather than just watching the scientists in action, students perform science experiments that put them right in the middle of the action!
Elementary Science Support Center at Purdue University Calumet
- ESSC offers lesson plans, curriculum resources, science activities, and professional development workshops that support activity based K-8 science. The center supports authentic, problem-based science learning that assist schools and teachers in meeting national and state science standards.
Event-Based Science Project
- A middle school science curriculum based on actual events and real-world problems, along with related links. From Montgomery County Public Schools.
- A collection of educational resources (instructional software, lab activities, lesson plans, student created materials ...) for K-12 mathematics and science education.
Instructional Materials for Science Educators
- IMSE is sponsored by the SERVIT Group, part of the Department of Mathematics, Science, and Technology Education, North Carolina State University.
MSTE at UIUC
- Office of Mathematics, Science, and Technology Education for K-12
Mr. C's Science World
- This site presents an interdisciplinary, project based learning approach to teaching science. It also, presents ideas on using technology in the classroom as well as other science topics. For students, there are links to Science Fair Resources.
National Alliance of State Science and Mathematics Coalitions
- Offering a choice of java-enhanced browsing with Flash 4 plug-in, or a standard site, details of the organization's mission, history, and projects are available.
Physical Science Standards and Competencies
- List of the minimum standards for Chemistry and Physics in South Carolina.
- The American Association for the Advancement of Science's site on reforms of science, mathematics, and technology education.
- Hands-on activities for the teaching of science to elementary students.
Project: Sciene Teacher Training in an Information Society
- Objective was to investigate science teachers' transformations of educational innovations. Small-scale intensive studies lead to the development of relevant materials for teacher training.
Science Curriculum Support at Princeton University
- Support materials, created by teams of scientists and teachers, for elementary science teachers using units developed by projects such as STC and FOSS.
Science Outreach of Washington University
- Curriculum materials, courses for teachers, educational information and resources. Focus: Environmental Science and Genetics.
Science Records of Achievement and Self Assessment
- Examples are provided, for year 2 to 6, of templates for science assessment.
- Providing links to descriptions of courses developed, services provided, clients, and an interactive showcase, the site also includes information on continuing education.
Student Active Science
- Providing examples, strategies and resources for active learning in science, including projects, group work, and inquiry-based laboratories.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor