Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Air Quality Meteorology
- Developmental course of the US Environmental Protection Agency in conjunction with the US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
Auroras: Paintings in the Sky
- Illustrated journey of the "Northern Lights." Site includes photos and QuickTime movies of the northern lights, and Realaudio interviews with NASA scientists.
Bournemouth School Met Office
- Educational site with project information, quizzes, games, and links.
Carroll Magnet High School Atmospheric Sciences
- This page is dedicated to the promotion of science through the atmospheric sciences. Carroll's world renown Atmospheric Science Program has continued to gain recognition not only locally, but internationally with its involvement in the making of a Learning Channel tornado documentary.
Center for Atmosphere Ocean Studies, Courant Institute
- Research, graduate school studies in applied math, dynamical meteorology, physical oceanography and climate system modeling.
El Nino Resource Center
- Welcome to the El Niño Workshop - online for education.
For Spacious Skies
- Information about K-12 meteorological education program.
Index to Training Materials and Essays on Storm Chasing and Meteorology
- This site provides an organized list of training materials and essays on storm chasing and meteorology that are available on the internet.
Matt's Weather Page
- This is a great site for a novice or young person interested in weather. This site will teach you basic weather concepts and cloud types. Their are also great links to other useful weather sites on the net.
Meteorology - Primary School Level (English/French)
- A teacher explains how he used simple experiments in meteorology with his pupils, and describes the "meteo area" of the school. Bilingual English/French Meteorologie a l'ecole elementaire (French title).
Meteorology FAQ Part 1/6: Intro
Mr. Fahning's Science Web Page
- Eighth-grade teacher's site with links and teacher resources on ecology and weather (for students, parents, and teachers).
One Sky, Many Voices
- Mission of the project is to create innovative, inquiry-based K-12 weather curricula that utilize current technologies such as CD-ROMs and the internet for the interactive study of current weather and air quality.
Professor Mandia's Weather Resources
- Website for a introduction to weather class at Suffolk County Community College.
- This page gives information about severe weather, tornadoes, and hurricanes. The purpose is to inform the public about severe storm safety.
Significant Opportunities in Atmospheric Research and Science
- SOARS provides educational and research opportunities, mentoring, career counseling and guidance, and financial support for culturally-diverse students in the atmospheric and related sciences.
- Information about the physics of snow crystals and snowflakes as well as the history of early scientific observations and photographs, how to take photos, preserving snow crystals, and unusual snowflakes.
Supercells - Nature's Terrorists
- Some information and links on supercell storms and their characteristics.
The Weather Doctor
- Explores the science and beauty of weather, including a monthly almanac, weather history, weather elements and phenomena, weather and the arts.
University of Reading, Department of Meteorology
- Centre for teaching and research in meteorology
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor