Government Geological Surveys
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Austria, Geological Survey of
- Geologic information and resources. Much of the site is in German.
British Antarctic Survey
- BAS is responsible for almost all of the British Government's scientific research in the Antarctic, South Georgia, and the South Sandwich Islands. The site describes the work of BAS and includes a wealth of information on subjects including conservation and climate change.
British Geological Survey
- The BGS is one of the centres that makes up the Natural Environment Research Council. It is active in areas such as land-use planning, waste disposal, hydrocarbons exploration, civil engineering, minerals extraction, contaminated land, seismic and geohazard evaluation and understanding climate change.
Czech Geological Survey
- Creates regional geological and thematic maps in different scales for the territory of the Czech Republic and researches the region's complex geological, geochemical and hydrogeological environments.
Estonia, Geological Survey of
- Research center that provides consultancy services and basic geological information essential for assessment of raw materials, nature conservation, environmental studies, construction, land use planning and for new applications, such as medical geology.
Federal Office for Water and Geology
- Federal government agency active in the fields of water power, flood protection, hydrology, and geology. Overview of available hydro- and geological data.
French Geological Survey (BRGM)
- Research into France's natural resources, geology, and environment.
Geological Institute Strashimir Dimitrov
Geological Survey of Denmark and Greenland (GEUS)
- Geoscientific studies, research, consultancy and geological mapping in Denmark, Greenland and the Faroe Islands.
Germany, Institute for Applied Geodesy
- Scientific research in all fields of geodesy, cartography and photogrammetry and in the adaptation of the research results for practical application.
Greek Institute of Geology & Mineral Exploration
- Fundamental aim is the geological study of Greece, and the exploration and evaluation of the mineral raw materials (except hydrocarbons) and groundwater resources.
Hungarian Geological Survey - Magyar Geológiai Szolgálat
- Organization with public domain tasks (geological authority proceedings, mineral resource assessment as well as national geoinformation service) and geological science duties.
Ireland, Geological Survey of (GSI)
- Providing geological advice and information, and acquires data for this purpose. Produces a range of products including maps, reports and databases.
Italy's Emilia-Romagna Region, Geological Survey of
- About geology, water resources, sismic hazard, landslides, and earth science education of the region.
Latvia, State Geological Survey of (SGSL)
- The main principle of SGSL activities is the rational use and protection of subsoil resources.
Lithuania, Geological Survey of
- Responsible for regulation and exploration of geological processes and resources.
National Land Survey of Iceland
- Printed and digital maps of Iceland from state-owned, official publisher of Iceland maps. Secure online ordering.
Netherlands Institute of Applied Geoscience (TNO)
- The central geoscience institute in the Netherlands for information and research to promote the sustainable management and use of the subsurface and its natural resources.
Norway, The Geological Survey of, (NGU)
- Central national institution for the study of the bedrock, mineral resources, superficial deposits and groundwater of mainland Norway.
Polish Geological Institute
- Carries out multidisciplinary projects dealing with regional geology of Poland in order to properly assess the mineral potential of the country.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor