Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Bubbles and Other Confined Spaces...
- In confined spaces, cavity QED induces the prompt emission of multi-IR photons that combine to VUV levels and produce electrons by the photoelectric effect.
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
1976 Standard Atmosphere Calculator
- The online 1976 standard atmosphere calculator computes atmospheric properties like density, temperature, pressure and speed of sound up to 86 kilometers altitude. Graphics and a table generator are included.
Atmospheric Physics at University of Canterbury
- Research activities and interests of this group, including the use of radar in atmospheric measurements. Also information about people involved, and recent publications.
- Predictions of Northern Lights (aurora borealis) information, links, and photos.
Auroras: Paintings in the Sky
- What are auroras? What makes them happen? What do they look like? Where can you see them? Site includes stunning photos and QuickTime movies of the northern lights, and Realaudio interviews with NASA scientists.
General Spectral Toolbox
- GENSPECT is a line-by-line radiative transfer code to calculate gas absorption and emissivity, emission and transmission for a wide range of atmospheric gases. GENSPECT has an online web interface is available as a MATLAB toolbox.
Liquid Nitrogen Simulation of Aurora Borealis
- Unified Field Theory explains Auroras Borealis and Australis and suggests an experimental simulation using an iron core container with electric coil wrapping and electron gun.
McGreevy ground-based VLF recordings
- Earth's natural electromagnetic radio transmissions.
- An online database of upper atmosphere, weather, and model data.
National Center for Atmospheric Research
- Plans, organizes, and conducts atmospheric and related research programs in collaboration with universities.
Space Weather at Rice University
- Introduction to space weather, Sun-Earth connection, and aurora. Explanations of terms.
The Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (LASP)
- The Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (LASP) conducts basic theoretical and experimental research in planetary, atmospheric, magnetospheric, and solar physics. LASP also conducts research to explore the potential uses and development of space operations and information systems as well as develop scientific instrumentation.
UMIST Atmospheric Physics Research Group
- Pages describing the research activities, and employment opportunities (including PhD) within the Group. Work within the group covers micrometeorolgy, cloud microphysics and chemistry, aerosol science, and radiative transfer.
University of Aberystwyth: Atmospheric Physics Group
- These pages outline the work of this group, which is focussed on the study of the atmosphere between about 3 and 90Km above the surface of the earth.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor