Submit a site
Novae and Supernovae
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Name a Star
- Name a star as a special gift for any occasion. Receive a fully personalized gift pack with Online Star Register certificate.
Name a Star at Star Registry
- Name a star after a loved one. Count on International Star Registry for a unique gift or memorial. Naming stars for celebrities, dignitaries, and individuals worldwide since 1979.
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Mystery of Space: STARS
- A great site for kids, teens and teachers. Site has received numerous awards and has excellent appearance and navigation.
A Positive Light - Like a Diamond in the Sky
- Information and links on the theory that the moon's geology is suitable for the formation of diamonds.
Astrometry Department, U.S Naval Observatory
- The primary purpose of this website is to distribute information related to the positions and motions of the stars and planets, mainly to the Defense community.
Astronomy 162: Stars, Galaxies, and Cosmology
- Entire Astrophysics course online. Very extensive introduction course to stars.
BBC Space - Stars
- Five concise articles covering the birth and death of stars, star types, and all the things we "know" from just looking at them
- Basic overview of stars and the sun in particular - with informational video clips included.
Dark Stars, Black Holes, Bright Galaxies
- One huge page packed with illustrations, diagrams and photographs portraying some interesting aspects of stars, black holes and galaxies.
Hawaiian Astronomical Society - Deepsky Atlas
- A listing of the Hawaiian Astronomical Society Deepsky Atlas by constellation.
How Stuff Works: Stars
- Illustrated tutorial about stars, their properties, formation, and death. Includes related links.
Laser Star Astrophysics
- Plasma recombination lasers in rapidly cooled stellar atmospheres (plasma laser astrophysics) including history of the laser and astronomical spectroscopy.
Measuring the Stars
- In-depth lecture notes that provide information on how to derive properties of stars, based on observation.
Scientific American Explorations: A Parade of New Planets
- A Parade of New Planets
Space Telescope Science Institute
- A small Hubble telescope image gallery of Quasars.
Star Data Pages
- Provides detailed information about stars: positions, proper motion, radial velocity, magnitudes, spectral class, color index, catalogue references, data about multiple star systems (i.e. orbital elements), data about variability (min./max. brightness, period, type of variability) and more.
Star Journey @ nationalgeographic.com
- Star Journey. Journey through the stars with National Geographic Online. View the nighttime sky with popular National Geographic Star Chart...
- Three high resolution star maps in .tif format for download. Tycho, Hipparcos and Yale bright star maps available.
Stars and Galaxies
- Behavior of stars, generation of energy, their origin, and life cycle. Also includes a wide range of interesting pictures of galaxies and related phenomena that can be observed in the universe through telescopes.
Table of Contents - Introduction to Astronomy
- Several pages regarding many aspects of astronomy, but particularly double stars and variable stars. Also includes beginner observation techniques and the Messier List.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor