Submit a site
Sunrise and Sunset Times
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Annus Novus Decimal Calendar
- A proposal for a non-sectarian, culturally neutral calendar system.
Astronomical Time Keeping
- Extensive descriptions of many astronomical time keeping systems, with information on time zones and Julian day numbers.
Astronomy.com: Calendar of Events
- Calendar of Events offers major sky events including meteor showers, lunar and solar eclipses, comets, asteroids and more. You can always plan ahead with Astronomy.com's Calendar of Events.
Blue Moon Myths
- Second full moon in a month, or third full moon in a single season?
Britannica.com - Clockworks: From Sundials to the Atomic Second
- Britannica.com explores the history of timekeeping, from sundials to cesium atomic clocks.
- A handy tool for converting to and from various calendars, including the Jewish calendar and the French Republican calendar.
- Articles on the Gregorian and Julian calendars, the ISO date format, the Julian day number system, the Maya calendar, the Goddess lunar calendar, the Liberalia Triday Calendar and C functions for date conversion; plus software for calendrical conversion.
Calendars through the Ages
- History and FAQs of calendars, from ancient Rome to outer space. Including Julian, Gregorian, Jewish, Islamic, Chinese, and Mayan.
- The Encyclopaedia of Calendars.
- A list of many American Indian tribe's names for months, days, and other calendar related information.
- Islamic months begin at sunset on the day of visual sighting of the lunar crescent. This site discusses the concept of the International Lunar Date Line and contains numerous maps of crescent visibility.
- Civil time is occasionally adjusted by one second increments called leap seconds. A detailed explanation of what a second actually is, and why leap seconds are necessary.
- Perpetual Chinese Lunar calendar program for 1900-2060. Calculates Chinese New Years and major festival dates. Exact moon phases shown.
- Calendar with lunations, from new moon to new moon, instead of months. Moon phase on each day. Chinese, Jewish, and Islamic months. Eclipses, meteors, planets, star charts. Christian, Pagan, Islamic, Hindu, and Jewish holidays.
Maya Calendar 2000
- The calendar was the center of Maya life and their greatest cultural achievement. To carry out their astronomical calculations they developed a sophisticated mathematical system. The Maya Calendar website is developing with the intent of providing a complete view of Maya culture.
Month Calendar for Any Year
- Create a calendar, month poetry, how the months got their names, day names in different languages, birthstones, gemstones, Roman gods and the blue moon.
Moonstick Information Site
- Describes a slide rule moon phase calendar and provides other methods of computing astronomical information.
Sidereal Time Clock
- Java applet displays the current local sidereal time for any longitude. You can enter the right ascension of an object and it will calculate the object's hour angle.
The Calendar, Leap Years and the Year 2000
- An explanation of the calendar including the origin of the day, week, month and year.
The Chinese Calendar
- The mathematics of the Chinese calendar. Explains the rules for the Chinese calendar.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor