Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Asian Longhorned Beetle
- A new and deadly insect pest that kills trees by boring holes in the trunk. It affects maples, horsechestnuts, poplars, willows, elms, mulberries and black locusts.
Beetlemania Attacks Trees
- Beetles, both locals and out-of-towners, are expected to cause extensive damage to forests all across North America.
Brown Spruce Longhorn Beetle
- The brown spruce longhorn beetle is a deadly tree insect that kills red spruce trees. It has recently been introduced in North America in Canada's Nova Scotia.
Bugwood Network, The University of Georgia
- Extensive resource on forest insects and related topics.
California Oak Mortality Task Force
- Addresses the issue of elevated levels of oak mortality through research, management, education and public policy. Contains monthly updates, distribution maps, symptoms, and educational materials.
- Overviews of fungal canker diseases of woody angiosperms and gymnosperms (i.e., trees), from West Virginia University.
City of Austin Oak Wilt Suppression Program
- Information on the deadly oak wilt disease.
Colorado State Forest Service Forest Pest Management
- Forest pest management information provided by Montrose District of the Colorado State Forest Service (CSFS) in cooperation with Colorado State University Cooperative Extension.
Dutch Elm Disease Information
- This site provides information about Dutch elm disease and ELMguard - a new experimental preventative treatment being developed at the University of Toronto, Faculty of Forestry.
- Fire blight is a bacterial disease that affects apple trees, pear trees and rosebushes. It is caused by a bacteria "erwinia amylovora" which attacks the blossoms or flowers moving up to the twigs and then the branches.
Focus on Woody Plant Diseases
- About several tree diseases that can stunt or injure a tree over time. From University of Illinois Extension.
- Quality photographs of forest insects and disease organisms. Contains image search or browse by categories.
- The gypsy moth is a serious threat to trees including maples, oaks and elms. Caterpillars feed on leaves, weakening the tree.
- Oak wilt is a devastating fungal disease that attacks red oaks, white oaks and live oaks of North America. Learn how you can identify and control this oak tree disease.
Oak Wilt Treatment and Prevention
- Oak Wilt Prevention and Treatment, Oak Wilt Analysis, Alamo Fungicide Sales, Oak Wilt Root Trenching
Ohio State University Extension - Asian Longhorned Beetle
- Information about a tree pest recently discovered in the U.S.
Ohio State University Extension - Gypsy Moth Homepage
- Information on gypsy moths and their control, from Ohio State University Extension.
- Powdery mildew is a fungus that attacks the leaves of various plants including poplar and willow trees and roses.
Puzzling Disease Devastating California Oaks
- NY Times article about the fungal disease nicknamed "sudden oak death syndrome."
Sudden Oak Death
- Created by the University of California's Sudden Oak Death Research Team, this site addresses the increasing number of oak trees in California that are dying from the fungal disease Phytophthora, and the effects the infestation is having on forest ecology.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor