Society and Culture
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- A political history of the Pitcairn people.
Bounty Beyond the Voyage
- Julie Pearson's book on the Bounty, produced for the bi-centenary of the mutiny in 1989, is again available.
Events Matrixing: Restriction, Confusion & Neglect in the Bounty Mutiny
- A fascinating academic thesis by Ian Campbell examining the causes, effects, and personalities of the Bounty Mutiny.
HMS Bounty A Descendants Page
- History and Genealogy of Norfolk Island
Historia de un Motín
- A brief report, in Spanish, of the Mutiny and its aftermath.
Infoplease Pitcairn Island
- The Living Legacy of Mutiny on the Bounty. Pitcairn Island and Fletcher Christian's Descendants, by Borgna Brunner.
Mutiny on the Bounty - Chronicles
- An interesting series of short essays on topics related to the Mutiny on the Bounty and its aftermath, beautifully illustrated with 36 original oil paintings. These chronicles are actually excerpts from an in-progress novel on the fate of Peter Heywood and Thomas Ellison.
Mutiny on the HMS Bounty
- Summarizes the 1789 event and provides crew lists, bibliographies, and links.
Norfolk Island : Research and Genealogy Centre
- The Norfolk Island Research & Genealogy Centre has been created to assist researchers throughout the world who may have Norfolk or Pitcairn Island ancestors, or an interest in the history of our island.
Pitcairn Islands: An Encapsulated History
- A brief history of Pitcairn, 1790-1940.
The HMS Bounty Site
- This is a project about the H.M.S Bounty, a ship that my ancestors sailed on. This project is only a small part of what I've learnt over the past few weeks while researching the H.M.S Bounty.
The Tattooed Hand - Pahutini
- The life of a young Tahitian girl who met Captain Cook, who saw the white men return regularly throughout her childhood, and who was brought up in the powerful traditions of the Tahitian culture, but became deeply curious about the white man's world. The story of Mauatua, and the other women whose names flit like Polynesian ghosts through the saga of the Bounty - Mareva, Puarei, Teraura, Vahineatua ...
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor